KSTU Tribune Graphics.

DENDude

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

And given that the Lighthouse will acquire KSTU. So I wouldn't be all that surprised if these new graphics on KSTU would be short-lived.

I imagine KSTU (and the other Fox stations Scripps is acquiring) will probably get a Fox version of whatever graphics package Scripps decides to go with

oh... to be one of you that hasn’t experienced a change in ownership... 

it might take YEARS for the ex-Trib stations to be fully homogenized by their new owners... there is a lot more important gear that needs to be swapped out first... master control automation and newsroom systems come to mind... a lot of tribune’s in-house systems will need to go... to say nothing of networking/IT infra...

graphics are going to be low priority... Trib is on Viz, and viz hardware can last a while...Scripps still hasn’t replaced the Journal gfx on KGUN... it’s closing in on five years...

i predict these graphics will be around until late 2021 at the earliest... 

5 hours ago, Webovision said:

it might take YEARS for the ex-Trib stations to be fully homogenized by their new owners... there is a lot more important gear that needs to be swapped out first... master control automation and newsroom systems come to mind... a lot of tribune’s in-house systems will need to go... to say nothing of networking/IT infra...

graphics are going to be low priority... Trib is on Viz, and viz hardware can last a while...Scripps still hasn’t replaced the Journal gfx on KGUN... it’s closing in on five years...

In everyone else's defense, some groups like Tegna and Gray were quick to bring new graphics to the ex-Raycom stations. Although, I think that some stations like WOIO were planning new graphics since the Raycom era and Gray approved the funding.

24 minutes ago, Info Junkie said:

I second that!

8 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

I perhaps may be the only person on this forum that loves the Rockwall font.  LOL.  

I hope FOX43 gets this package here.  

-- Matt

If I were WPMT I would wait until the sale to Tegna closes (in addition to the overall Nexstar-Tribune deal) before thinking about getting a new graphics, I wouldn't do it right now because you won't have the Tribune package for long in general.

I think out of all of the Nexstar-Tribune rejects that are going to other groups, I'd say the stations going to Tegna will get the Tegna package faster than the ones going to Scripps, so thus the KSTU package may last awhile.

16 hours ago, Webovision said:

For some reason, KFMB comes to mind.. .they switched rather quickly, both website and graphics

1 hour ago, scrabbleship said:

WPRI hasn't gotten new anything since they went HD eight years and two owners ago. They're due.

That's 2011 and LIN Television, in which WPRI was the flagship by the way.

Also, graphics are due for one too as they've been the same, sans minor refreshes here and there. Hopefully, not the Nexstar CBS one.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:15 AM, NEOMatrix said:

In everyone else's defense, some groups like Tegna and Gray were quick to bring new graphics to the ex-Raycom stations. Although, I think that some stations like WOIO were planning new graphics since the Raycom era and Gray approved the funding.

WOIO desperately needed a major refresh, more like a reboot, as well.

2 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

WPRI hasn't gotten new anything since they went HD eight years and two owners ago. They're due.

Well, the theme of their graphics has been the same since then (3D glass cityscape of Providence + blue/red color scheme), but their current iteration is technically a different graphics package from the original Renderon-designed look.

Original:

https://vimeo.com/15641672

Current:

https://vimeo.com/172253765

12 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

Any-hoo, what Tribune/Nexstar/Tegna/Scripps station is next for a graphics change?

See my message above but I'll mention it again.

It'll be the Tribune and Nexstar stations that are being sold to Tegna that will be in for a graphics change (everybody else won't see a graphics change for awhile)

On 9/12/2019 at 12:20 PM, kfc513 said:

Well, the theme of their graphics has been the same since then (3D glass cityscape of Providence + blue/red color scheme), but their current iteration is technically a different graphics package from the original Renderon-designed look.

Original:

https://vimeo.com/15641672

Current:

https://vimeo.com/172253765

I went down a WPRI rabbit hole a while and I noticed this. Like any long lasting package, the updates have made it look a bit more cheap with time. It hasn't gotten as bad as other nearby stations have (early 2000's WFSB and late 2000's WTEN come to mind).

Archived