KSTU Tribune Graphics.

DENDude

What has KSTU done to the tribune Graphics? YIKES!!!   Their weather graphics don't seem to match what other Tribune stations are using, their lower thirds are very bland.

I'm glad Scripps Broadcasting is taking over soon at least the graphics will be updated..

(Below are screen shots I took from the website)

image.png.90c754680c93f9ebc2ff01aeb05fef8f.png    

image.png.f8aea6feafb10a60e65db30041bc52ca.png

I'd agree with the KSTU graphics not looking too great.  It'll be interesting to see what the new Scripps group graphics package will look like when it debuts around late 2019/early 2020, and if a new Scripps group music package could be in the works as well.  We'll see.

Forget the graphics...leaning into the MSPaint 'paste a Times New Roman 13 onto that Fox logo' design is a design choice...a really bad design choice, but someone has way too attached to that 13 for a long time, and it looks even worse now just rendered flat.

1 hour ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

It's been like this for a few months now.  I agree that they are tacky and weird.  It's just like KFOR: They have decent graphics for news and then BAM they still have the God awful weather graphics that look like they're from the 90s.. WHO in Des Moines is another example.

The good news is, the old Weather graphics packages on both KFOR and WHO will likely be dropped once Nexstar takes over.

And quite frankly, I've never understood why (especially in a market where it's the freaking Severe Weather Capital of the World for crying out loud) Tribune never gave KFOR an updated weather graphics package

I'm predicting that KFOR will get the Nexstar NBC GFX shortly after Uncle Perry takes over as all the other Nexstar NBC stations in the region already have them.

KFDX, KAMR, KSNW, KSNF, KNWA, KTAL

21 hours ago, JCB4TV said:

I'm predicting that KFOR will get the Nexstar NBC GFX shortly after Uncle Perry takes over as all the other Nexstar NBC stations in the region already have them.

I'm waiting for KXAN to get them... I don't care much for their current graphics...

On 7/28/2019 at 9:08 PM, JCB4TV said:

I don't know. Nexstar's current NBC package fits for their sub-50 market stations, but I don't think it would fit well for KFOR. They'd be better off using a NBC-ified version of the WISH/WTNH package.

On 7/30/2019 at 9:43 AM, T.L. Hughes said:

I don't know. Nexstar's current NBC package fits for their sub-50 market stations, but I don't think it would fit well for KFOR. They'd be better off using a NBC-ified version of the WISH/WTNH package.

Or KFOR (and the rest of the Tribune stations being sold to Nexstar) will just keep their existing graphics package

Remember some ex-Media General and LIN stations still have the graphics package they adopted in the MG era

37 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Or KFOR (and the rest of the Tribune stations being sold to Nexstar) will just keep their existing graphics package

Remember some ex-Media General and LIN stations still have the graphics package they adopted in the MG era

Personally, I liked it when KFOR's music and graphics were in house, before they moved into their new building. I hope that Nexstar will allow them to do in house graphics once again.

2 hours ago, JCB4TV said:

Personally, I liked it when KFOR's music and graphics were in house, before they moved into their new building. I hope that Nexstar will allow them to do in house graphics once again.

Is KFOR the #1 in the market?? I'm just curious because WOOD has always been in-house and I wonder if they get more freedom if they are #1 in their respective market??

3 minutes ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Is KFOR the #1 in the market?? I'm just curious because WOOD has always been in-house and I wonder if they get more freedom if they are #1 in their respective market??

I don't have the numbers, but I believe KFOR goes back in fourth with KWTV with KOCO at 3 and KOKH at 4.

2 hours ago, JCB4TV said:

Given it's Nexstar and the leaniant they've become in general, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they did

13 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Yes, but several stations it has acquired from those groups have switched to one of Nexstar's GFX packages. What you mentioned is apt, but it is seems to be because the company hasn't commissioned one of their in-house packages for some of the former Media General/LIN stations just yet.

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, C Block said:

I didn't think it was right to make a new thread just yet though there wasn't anywhere better to put this: KTXL is getting new graphics.

Here’s what they’re in for. 

On 8/30/2019 at 4:52 PM, C Block said:

I didn't think it was right to make a new thread just yet though there wasn't anywhere better to put this: KTXL is getting new graphics.

Glad to see in Shanahan’s tweet that they are losing the oddball searchlight letter “X” in the FOX part of the logo.... it never looked quite right, especially when the logo was shrunken down:

5C771C01-973D-4F0D-88E3-8F2C64FBB79F.jpeg

Archived