NYC Blackout 2019

Geoffrey

CBS 2 broke into "Million Dollar Mile" shortly after 9:00 tonight, simulcasting the WLNY newscast anchored by Jessica Moore in the CBSN New York studio.  She said that the main studio took a "power hit." She continued on through the 11:00 news.

I'm not sure when ABC 7 broke in but they were on in the 9:00 hour as well.

I turned on NBC 4 at 11 and it looked like they were in about seven or eight minutes of commercials, followed by about a minute of a black screen. Then Pat Battle appeared anchoring from in front of a monitor but was clearly not in the main studio. No graphics for this newscast.

Screenshot (62996).png

Screenshot (63008).png

NBC 4 just returned from a break with a shot of the skyline and you could hear people in the background talking. Then they seemed to switch to their main control room with graphics as Andrew Siff was in the middle of a live report.

Updated with some more images.

Screenshot (63023).png

Screenshot (63033).png

Screenshot (63045).png

13 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I turned on NBC 4 at 11 and it looked like they were in about seven or eight minutes of commercials, followed by about a minute of a black screen. Then Pat Battle appeared anchoring from in front of a monitor but was clearly not in the main studio. No graphics for this newscast.

Pat was at the WNJU Telemundo 47 studios.

Archived