Tropical Storm Barry coverage.

DENDude

<<My Apologies beforehand if this is in the wrong thread...>>

I have noticed since last night that WWL-TV & WVUE-TV  are the only ones so far that have fairly consistent live streams going on their websites as Tropical Storm Barry moves towards the Louisiana coast.   

WDSU-TV & WGNO-TV have replays of newscasts but nothing live yet.  I would bet that this will change as the storm moves closer to the coast.  

• wwltv.com
  • wdsu.com
  • wgno.com
  • fox8live.com

Gray and Nexstar basically dominate Louisiana so the "others" (WDSU/Hearst, WWL/Tegna and KATC/Scripps) have brought in a bunch of others from sister stations across the country. I'm not sure how locally owned WBRZ is covering it or who they are connected to.

46 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Gray and Nexstar basically dominate Louisiana so the "others" (WDSU/Hearst, WWL/Tegna and KATC/Scripps) have brought in a bunch of others from sister stations across the country. I'm not sure how locally owned WBRZ is covering it or who they are connected to.

KRGV could help with coverage since they're co-owned with WBRZ but that's definitely about it.

1 hour ago, NEOMatrix said:

KRGV could help with coverage since they're co-owned with WBRZ but that's definitely about it.

I know during past storms, WBRZ and WGNO worked with each other. Since Nexstar hasn't closed the deal with WGNO yet, that is still feasible but won't be in the future (since WBRZ would work with WVLA/WGMB, not sure if they are working together already). I know WVUE was really screwed then and in past hurricanes but at least now they can work with a whole bunch of stations including WAFB. An alternate plan for WBRZ would be to pool up with someone who has stations in nearby markets but not in Baton Rouge.

KATC is in a much better position now as they have stations in other states nearby, even if Scripps is otherwise absent from the central Gulf Coast.

The only thing i have seen on the DirecTV Hurricane info channel is KADN & WAFB, I haven't seen anything from New Orleans yet.  

One more thing..   WVUE--FOX8 started their live stream on there website at NOON CDT time today. 

Archived