Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

New CBS O&O Look Coming Soon?


Recommended Posts

On 11/28/2019 at 7:11 PM, CBS11 Weatherboy said:

Adding more things to this. I’m getting ready to work at an CBS O&O KTVT 11 Dallas/ Fort Worth. They are preparing for these new graphics and from what I’m hearing a possible new set.

I saw the weather graphics on facebook and YouTube looks good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not going to lie. I sat here waiting for images to load before I saw your note.

WJZ transitioned.....                                       j/k it will be ages before they transiti

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, hfiles said:

Not going to lie. I sat here waiting for images to load before I saw your note.

Glad I wasn't the only one lol. 

41 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

All the weather graphics that launched are at stations that use TWC/WSI’s platform. WJZ and maybe KDKA still rely on Barron for their graphics. 

KDKA uses WSI. They have The Weather Company logo on the backgroud of their weather computers...

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

For WJZ to Transition with Baron Lynx, wouldn't be hard at all.

True, but the stations that are transitioning are all WSI - the templates are mostly already premade and aren't they easily pushed to stations?  Where as WJZ would have to recreate it for Lynx?

 

 

Also, I cannot stand that black and white ticker they use, nor the previous ticker CBS O&Os used.  I much prefer the WJZ version and hope they dont screw it up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

True, but the stations that are transitioning are all WSI - the templates are mostly already premade and aren't they easily pushed to stations?  Where as WJZ would have to recreate it for Lynx?

 

 

Also, I cannot stand that black and white ticker they use, nor the previous ticker CBS O&Os used.  I much prefer the WJZ version and hope they dont screw it up.

Not necessarily. Like WSI, if CBS sends the elements and Style Guide to Baron, they can re-create it at their shop, zip it up and drop that style (with guide) into their system. Then all the met has to do is swap out the old stuff for the new stuff.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

Not necessarily. Like WSI, if CBS sends the elements and Style Guide to Baron, they can re-create it at their shop, zip it up and drop that style (with guide) into their system. Then all the met has to do is swap out the old stuff for the new stuff.

Ah, I wasn’t sure if it was the same as WSI. But (off topic) could a hub create look, implement it and share it amongst sister stations or does WSI or Barron need to be involved? I heard that new templates had to be installed (or sent to the WSI box) by them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rkolsen said:

Ah, I wasn’t sure if it was the same as WSI. But (off topic) could a hub create look, implement it and share it amongst sister stations or does WSI or Barron need to be involved? I heard that new templates had to be installed (or sent to the WSI box) by them. 

Depends. Either A) They could create a look and share it among stations provided they have the proper formats that both WSI and Baron use. HOWEVER: The weather team would have to build everything from scratch all over again (animations, frames, fonts, etc.)

Or B) They can get WSI or Baron involved where they build everything in their shop, and send it to the respective stations where all they need to do is unzip it.

I know one group, it was a little bit of both: Someone at the hub sent the design and style guide to Baron and WSI, they sent back the boxes/banners, etc. in the format they need, and they built it all there from the hub using the proper elements/style to send to their stations with their logo on it. If you were to watch a station out of this group, find one that uses Baron, and WSI, and the normal person couldn't tell a difference for the most part. (If you know what you're looking for, you can.)

Edited by WxNerd
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kfc513 said:


really liking the flattened out eye transitions that are reminiscent of the current ones, if this is evidence of anything big they're working on group-wide i hope they keep those kinda design cues!

the current package is really nice and i like the idea of them just. freshening up 'n modernizing some of the concepts of it tbh.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

WBZ's 8pm newscasts on WSBK-38 now seem to be running as a relay of the online CBSN Boston feed, full with the CBSN graphics instead of WBZ. As an aside, I don't think that having 2 different brandings of news for the same team really makes sense, especially in a market where the calls and station identity is important.

 

Edit: I've linked what the 8:30 open on WSBK looked like (standard CBSN open/graphics) https://youtu.be/iq7zAP-Yw1I

 

Edited by darkki
Added youtube link/example
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yestersay, after watching the 10:00 News on Pittsburgh's CW, I caught this on the Nightly Sports Call. They are using the main news set, could they be using the temp set for CBSN Pittsburgh?

Screenshot_20191214-181651_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-181740_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-181748_Chrome.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Yestersay, after watching the 10:00 News on Pittsburgh's CW, I caught this on the Nightly Sports Call. They are using the main news set, could they be using the temp set for CBSN Pittsburgh?

Screenshot_20191214-181651_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-181740_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-181748_Chrome.jpg

Hmm. That is very possible. I actually thought they would build a set in the newsroom like they did for CBSN LA and San Francisco...

Link to post
Share on other sites

KDKA still has their temporary set that was used until the current set debuted in 2015. They still occasionally use it for Pittsburgh Today Live (PTL).

So that gives me a feeling that it could be used for CBSN Pittsburgh when it launches next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

KDKA still has their temporary set that was used until the current set debuted in 2015. They still occasionally use it for Pittsburgh Today Live (PTL).

So that gives me a feeling that it could be used for CBSN Pittsburgh when it launches next year.

Wow, it's been since 2015 since they got that new set? Tbh, it seems less than that. Maybe it's cause I like it so much that I don't want them to change it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.