New CBS O&O Look Coming Soon?

24994J

9 hours ago, bostonmediaguy said:

Does anyone have any insight into the timeline for a graphics package change?

Is it tied to when KCAL launches their morning news block sometime next month?

...or when WWJ launches its newscasts? (Any estimated launch date?)

One thing to note (though perhaps unrelated), WBZ/Boston has not used the CBSN graphics package on its CBS News Boston OTT stream newscasts in several months, instead using the O&O graphics package.

Heard different things about WWJ.  Heard later this month, heard after the New Years.  All I know that it’s soon.  I’m assuming the set is practically done, as the pictures that are public are from last month.  Just need an official date. 

2 hours ago, CircleWXYZ said:

Heard different things about WWJ.  Heard later this month, heard after the New Years.  All I know that it’s soon.  I’m assuming the set is practically done, as the pictures that are public are from last month.  Just need an official date. 

Probably won't be getting that at all. Mainly is just wait and see at this point... but I would say this, don't expect any MAJOR graphic changes until December or January for any graphics wise. There won't be any changes in sweeps months November, February, May and July.

2 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

And if you're checking on 'maybe Lions lead-in?' 🤭 for WWJ...Thanksgiving is the realistic last CBS Lions game for the season. Expect a promotion/launch date announcement then if not before, but it won't be on that day.

to my understanding, the news set and newsroom are practically done or close to being done.  I just think CBS is tying a lot of loose ends.  I do think the actual debut  will be in December, latest in January.

Edited by CircleWXYZ
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Word from informalsky on the Discord is that CBS News Detroit and the new graphics launch have been delayed until January.

Figured!!  This is obviously a corporate issue.  CBS Detroit is also still hiring.  Any other reason for the delay??

• Like 3

On 11/19/2022 at 2:01 AM, omarquinonez_youtube said:

RPReplay_Final1668792205.mov 33.01 MB · 25 downloads  

SEEK PEAK OF NEW KCAL9 STUDIO 

COUPLE WEEKS TO GO IN DECEMBER

I thought KCBS 2 KCAL 9 just got a new set? Or is this just for their morning show? From what I could see looks VERY nice!

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1

Like the 9am newscasts that launched in September, there's still no guarantee that the full look will roll out with this launch. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 10

18 hours ago, 24994J said:

Like the 9am newscasts that launched in September, there's still no guarantee that the full look will roll out with this launch. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

Pretty much this, it’ll likely be a mishmash of things until something permanent can finally be rolled out.

WWJ is going to be the interesting one here, given they never really used the 2016 pack to any sort of degree prior.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Myron Falwell said:

WWJ is going to be the interesting one here, given they never really used the 2016 pack to any sort of degree prior.

They have been using the 2016 look for Eye on Detroit, even when they still went by CBS 62.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, CircleWXYZ said:

Figured!!  This is obviously a corporate issue.  CBS Detroit is also still hiring.  Any other reason for the delay??

Maybe they’re doing all sorts of rehearsals and the like behind-the-scenes. Assuredly a lengthy series of mock newscasts to try to iron out any bugs and glitches and make sure everyone knows what they are doing.

You can’t just flip a switch and instantly have a round-the-clock news service right off the bat.

• Like 7

On 11/23/2022 at 9:56 PM, Georgie56 said:

Well, with the name and launch date for the KCAL morning show finally out of the bag, it’s looking like KCBS/KCAL could be the first to launch the new O&O graphics and rebrand December 5th.

(h/t @CaptainNews)

9DE49CA4-5ECE-4912-BC30-515D189C4397.png

What is this absolute nightmare of a brand? Where are your eyes supposed to look? How much of this mouthful is going to be used on air? "You're watching CBS News Los Angeles This Morning on KCAL." "KCAL CBS News Los Angeles This Morning starts now." WUT.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, alaskanews said:

What is this absolute nightmare of a brand? Where are your eyes supposed to look? How much of this mouthful is going to be used on air? "You're watching CBS News Los Angeles This Morning on KCAL." "KCAL CBS News Los Angeles This Morning starts now." WUT.

I’m not sure if they’re planning on keeping it this way, but the branding looks and feels temporary. I’m not a fan of it either, but I suppose it’s necessary given that CBS airs a bunch of newscasts on two LA stations. I wouldn’t be surprised if it all becomes “CBS News Los Angeles” at some point.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

I’m not sure if they’re planning on keeping it this way, but the branding looks and feels temporary. I’m not a fan of it either, but I suppose it’s necessary given that CBS airs a bunch of newscasts on two LA stations. I wouldn’t be surprised if it all becomes “CBS News Los Angeles” at some point.

Considering one hour of the KCAL morning show will be simulcast on KCBS at 6am every day, I think that’s the likely route they’re going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alaskanews said:

There are so many things that I think about this, and so many ways that I know this will go wrong.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1