New CBS O&O Look Coming Soon?

24994J

On 7/7/2023 at 4:42 PM, CircleWXYZ said:

I love KDKA’s newscasts, but it’s time for them to change their mics.  They are still showing the old logo.  Same with KPIX.

KPIX finally updated their mic flags yesterday. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

When the font is that small, lower case letters tend to be harder to read... 

KDKA increased the size of the font on the ticker & time/temp so it would be easier to read.

I also noticed that WCCO also has gotten the KOVR style ticker too.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, sg9018 said:

Based upon tonight's weather report, WCBS has the new ticker too.

https://youtu.be/YySaR6lM-qY

Looking through the last several days, the new ticker is only showing up for stories produced for the streaming channels. Standard newscasts and time slots appear to be going OTA with the original ticker, and that's what gets posted to YouTube.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:52 AM, 24994J said:

Looking through the last several days, the new ticker is only showing up for stories produced for the streaming channels. Standard newscasts and time slots appear to be going OTA with the original ticker, and that's what gets posted to YouTube.

I wrote a couple days too soon. The new ticker is now used on today's Noon newscast.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, ScottSchell said:

KTVT CBS News Texas is apparently rebranding once again and dropping News from the name. They are also dropping the 6pm newscast and adding a 7pm newscast on KXTA all starting September 11th. https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/8/27/cbs-oampo-ditches-6pm-newscast

IMG_0874.png

They want to keep Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune together, like in the Eastern and Pacific Time Zones. Many stations in central and mountain either have to split the times across the day, or only select one show while another station gets the other.

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2023 at 6:49 PM, JosiahCubed said:

KDKA has the new ticker but only for CBS News Pittsburgh though; as the old ticker still shows up on the tv broadcasts.

I like the TV  ticker best, the different colors of the new one look odd with the color palette. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any actual CBS O&O folks here? Word around is the new image (graphics/music) has been a flop. Negative viewer reaction (especially with the music) in just the few months in use. WBBM's President/GM had been very vocal about her concerns about the whole package prior to rollout which are turning out to be true. WBBM has been continuing to use one music cut from the Enforcer package for the opens of the 5, 6, and 10 PM weekday opens since their changeover. I've noticed they've been phasing in more Enforcer cuts here and there, and again for the 10PM bumps.

I have a feeling the graphics may stay but the new music may get dumped in the close future.

• Like 4

I don't have any insider info to share, but I have found some parts of the package to be inspired and clean, while others are just bland and clunky. Curious if the complaints mentioned here refer to the graphics or the silly branding decisions (whether they went all-in on losing the numbers or decided to go with two identities in a single logo).

The music is OK, and I like unifying it with the network's "This is CBS" signature, but WCBS barely even uses it -- most opens and many bumpers use the awful "somber church bell" production music.

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I don't have any insider info to share, but I have found some parts of the package to be inspired and clean, while others are just bland and clunky. Curious if the complaints mentioned here refer to the graphics or the silly branding decisions (whether they went all-in on losing the numbers or decided to go with two identities in a single logo).

The music is OK, and I like unifying it with the network's "This is CBS" signature, but WCBS barely even uses it -- most opens and many bumpers use the awful "somber church bell" production music.

KCNC uses just one cut.

48 minutes ago, K77 said:

Are there any actual CBS O&O folks here? Word around is the new image (graphics/music) has been a flop. Negative viewer reaction (especially with the music) in just the few months in use. WBBM's President/GM had been very vocal about her concerns about the whole package prior to rollout which are turning out to be true. WBBM has been continuing to use one music cut from the Enforcer package for the opens of the 5, 6, and 10 PM weekday opens since their changeover. I've noticed they've been phasing in more Enforcer cuts here and there, and again for the 10PM bumps.

I have a feeling the graphics may stay but the new music may get dumped in the close future.

Music I can somewhat understand but the graphics, seriously? I much prefer these to that tired 8 year old package!

• Like 2