New CBS O&O Look Coming Soon?

24994J

After KOVR switched to the new graphics, all of the CBS O&O stations are now using the new graphics and Dimensional by Antfood. The old graphics and the CBS Enforcer news music package by Gari has been retired.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Just now, speed053 said:

After KOVR switched to the new graphics, all of the CBS O&O stations are now using the new graphics and Dimensional by Antfood. The old graphics and the CBS Enforcer news music package by Gari has been retired.

An end of a very long era. The CBS Enforcer has had a really good shelf life in terms of News music.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, speed053 said:

Too bad WJZ never used enforcer. I always wanted to watch them without having to do so on a resync video from the Internet.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

An end of a very long era. The CBS Enforcer has had a really good shelf life in terms of News music.

Let's clarify something up... its no longer used on O&Os but is STILL used by affiliates. KWTX Waco and the Griffin duo of KWTV OKC and KOTV Tulsa are such examples.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

CBS just laid off a ton of design staffers at the O&O level and announced the creation of a centralized design unit. They recently hired someone from outside CBS to be a vp/station group design. 

A ton of very talented local art directors, designers, and Chyron folks got kicked to the curb today with no notice. 

Rumor has it the creative services producers are next on the chopping block. 

Edited by noggi
  • Sad 6
  • Angry 1

20 hours ago, noggi said:

CBS just laid off a ton of design staffers at the O&O level and announced the creation of a centralized design unit. They recently hired someone from outside CBS to be a vp/station group design. 

A ton of very talented local art directors, designers, and Chyron folks got kicked to the curb today with no notice. 

Rumor has it the creative services producers are next on the chopping block. 

Of course, the bad side of it is people are losing their jobs. The good side of it is there's gonna be new people to make sure that the graphics stick along with the guidelines for all stations without anyone doing anything weird that would catch folks eyes here, like messing up the fonts, logos, headline graphics that don't match the theme of it, etc. 

Maybe if the folks that were fired would've been trained, and do it right, there wouldn't be any need for that.

• Like 6

I'm not sure they're necessarily hiring a bunch of people to replace the ones apparently just let go. I would imagine this is mostly reducing and consolidating staff to cut costs, having most daily graphics come from a central hub. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I noticed yesterday that WCBS is either using a temp set or a new blue or red background with the CBS Eye any idea what might be going on?

They're getting a set refresh, and it's being discussed in two other threads on here, and it has nothing to do with the O&O graphics.

Edited by 24994J

6 hours ago, 24994J said:

My apologies.

They're getting a set refresh, and it's being discussed in two other threads on here, and it has nothing to do with the O&O graphics.

Edited by Ryan

18 hours ago, Horizon said:. 

Maybe if the folks that were fired would've been trained, and do it right, there wouldn't be any need for that.

This is a very naive take on the situation. The folks who were let go were incredibly talented. 

@Geoffrey is correct in that they’re keeping a select few, the only new hire is the vp/group design. Also - what a shitty move, not promoting from within for that role with a very qualified pool of candidates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Horizon said:

Of course, the bad side of it is people are losing their jobs. The good side of it is there's gonna be new people to make sure that the graphics stick along with the guidelines for all stations without anyone doing anything weird that would catch folks eyes here, like messing up the fonts, logos, headline graphics that don't match the theme of it, etc. 

No offense, but I have no clue where you’re getting that idea. They’re gutting and centralizing creative services to cut costs; they aren’t going to eliminate positions only to fill them up again with new people. It’s got nothing to do with some guy getting the font wrong at a particular station; as others mentioned, the people being let go are more than qualified for their positions.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Horizon said:

This has nothing to do with ability or training, this is a cost-cutting measure, plain and simple.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mightynine said:

This has nothing to do with ability or training, this is a cost-cutting measure, plain and simple.

Yeah. It's a Disney mandate here. They're basically cutting bait with anyone that they think isn't worth keeping around for the money they get

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Yeah. It's a Disney mandate here. They're basically cutting bait with anyone that they think isn't worth keeping around for the money they get

What's Disney got to do with CBS and Paramount Global?

KPIX tweaked the news ticker as of this morning. It does not have an orange ticker like it used to match with the morning graphics.

It now matches what KOVR uses now.

KPIX is only using a Headlines ticker instead of weather compared to what KOVR uses. 

https://youtu.be/eS-EuobGpTo

Edited by SFTV

On 6/8/2023 at 4:10 PM, Horizon said:

I know that my recent opinion has drawn controversy. So let me say, my opinion has nothing to do with the facts.

Of course, the facts are they cut the jobs to save money and streamline the graphics department. My opinion was, what I believe, this may lead to how it may affect how viewers will notice it as the graphics will be better as a result. And how I wish some would've stayed and helped out in that aspect. 

Hopefully I cleared up my comments. Sorry for the confusion. But at the same time, I don't blame y'all for even letting me know what the facts are already. 

On 6/9/2023 at 2:32 AM, 24994J said:

CBS 2 has the best set in the market (some would say PIX 11). It will be interesting to see what tweaks they make.

Edited by MediaZone4K

10 hours ago, SFTV said:

KPIX is only using a Headlines ticker instead of weather compared to what KOVR uses.  https://youtu.be/eS-EuobGpTo

I like how the time and "Headlines" boxes very nearly line up with KPIX and CBS News Bay Area boxes.

Seriously, why is CBS so sloppy with this look? I thought they delayed it to get it right.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I like how the time and "Headlines" boxes very nearly line up with KPIX and CBS News Bay Area boxes.

Seriously, why is CBS so sloppy with this look? I thought they delayed it to get it right.

KPIX and KOVR have that type of ticker, whereas KDKA increased the font size on the default time, temp, and ticker.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 9:19 AM, Georgie56 said:

Unfortunately, there were no changes to Good Day on KMAX. They just moved the bug to the left side of the screen.

IMG_1330.png

Update:

The L3 replaces the right half of the Eyemark on the far right with an uppercase G.

IMG_1386.jpeg

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...