New CBS O&O Look Coming Soon?

24994J

4 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

With the graphics (and news branding) switch, KDKA is now the third station with the new weather graphics after WWJ and KCNC.

WJZ just debuted their new weather graphics package. I Imagine their full rebrand is coming within the next week or so, if not sooner

• Like 1

I actually really like KDKA's version of the graphics, it combines extremely well the standardized package with the colors it's known for. This would've been a great example for the other affiliates to follow but I'm not sure if they also had signature color schemes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

I somewhat surprised (and annoyed) that KDKA got the revamp before KYW. KYW seems to be teetering on the edge of relaunching but, for whatever reason, hasn't yet. 

I have a feeling they will switch very soon. KDKA was tinkering with the studio backdrop to match the new graphics yesterday before they implemented the new graphics today.

It's possible KYW has some bugs they need to work out first before they implement the new graphics. 

Edited by Mrtraveler01

1 hour ago, Mrtraveler01 said:

I hope so. What I've noticed with all of the new opens you see the name of the show like for example "At Noon, 4,5,6,10 and 11but on KDKA's open you don't see that. I don't know why but that bugs me.

Another thing I feel needs to change is the KDKA/CBS News Pittsburgh Box. I would've like to have seen a gold for mornings (we'll find out tomorrow what they do with their opens) and the blue box for afternoons and evenings.

1 hour ago, Mrtraveler01 said:

I have a feeling they will switch very soon. KDKA was tinkering with the studio backdrop to match the new graphics yesterday before they implemented the new graphics today.

It's possible KYW has some bugs they need to work out first before they implement the new graphics. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Briella said:

Omg the black and yellow is SO ugly. It’s funny how protective people are over their special little colors too. 

Take that up with Fans of the Stillers, Pirates  and Penguins, all the same black and gold...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thought-Provoking 2

3 hours ago, Briella said:

Omg the black and yellow is SO ugly. It’s funny how protective people are over their special little colors too. 

I will agree with this... But like also mentioned, the locals like it THEIR way... It's like WNEP and the 70's Move Closer theme.. Change it and death ensues

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thought-Provoking 1

4 hours ago, Briella said:

I think the way they implented the colors with the last package was not good. 

But with this one, it's a little more tolerable. That's not to say it's better. It's just a little easier on the eyes to watch.

Now after seeing the gold box this morning, I don't think it looks good at all. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bixpchiphead said:

Take that up with Fans of the Stillers, Pirates  and Penguins, all the same black and gold...

And whoever created the city's flag and seal...who got them from William Pitt's standard. that's where the colors came from in the first place.

• Like 5

I guess they’ve walked back the “CBS New York” brand, at least for now. Even the newscasts are still called “CBS2 News.” If I had to guess why, perhaps it’s because there are a lot of OTA viewers in NYC? That’s the only reason it would make sense to me.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1