New CBS O&O Look Coming Soon?

24994J

23 hours ago, MediaZone4K said:

The KPIX Late News format feels like trying to add a sprinkle of seasoning to otherwise bland food. CBS still cannot shake this inauthentic corporate looking format that they have on their local stations. Other than anchor personality, background music choices, graphics and how they write when they report all contribute to the "spice" of a station. Tegna has this issue to.

KTLA is a good example of a station that has cookie cutter corporate elements but still manages to have its own individualistic spark. Fox O&Os are also somewhat good at this too.

I like WWJ’s news opening.  They aren’t flashy and it’s reflective on the serious tone CBS is going for.  I think KCAL/KCBS is way too flashy.  KPIX is too.

1 hour ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

They’ve been doing this for several months now; the promo is the only thing that’s new.

I think WCBS is getting the new graphics very soon.

Edited by CircleWXYZ
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, CircleWXYZ said:

I like WWJ’s news opening.  They aren’t flashy and it’s reflective on the serious tone CBS is going for.  I think KCAL/KCBS is way too flashy.  KPIX is too.

Well, CBS designed the entire intro, which has portions that all three stations are using. And it's up to the stations to pick cuts from the long version to shorten it down. 

Seek to 0:45 for the full intro. 

https://youtu.be/xPGBEiM49lQ

Edited by NewEgg00
  • Like 3

On 3/10/2023 at 10:50 PM, compubit said:

It sounds like KTVT is now CBS News Texas - but they've kept the CBS11 logo "in the box"...

image.png.9b2e1bf4fdf425c264529ee0491e4874.png

If you had just the 11 in the box, that would be a pretty good interim news logo, IMO. The two eyes are overkill.

• Like 1

CBS News Miami is next. They've just launched their new graphics package at noon Wednesday. 

Screenshot_20230315-144348_Opera.thumb.jpg.86c4536ceefbeccb0f590ae54d6826f1.jpg

SmartSelect_20230315-142359_YouTube.jpg

As for the logo, as you can tell, they kept the channel number as part of the rebrand maybe because the logo is iconic. 

Oh wait, what's this? 

image.png.ae643c1a4fdeab0f2a5ca22f3f54bcd4.png

They got rid of the wave from the previous logo. Maybe because they wanted to keep it as minimalistic as possible? 

Well, it seems like that was on purpose. Or if it was by accident, they can always add it later. 

Edited by NewEgg00
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewEgg00 said:

CBS News Miami is next. They've just launched their new graphics package at noon Wednesday. 

Screenshot_20230315-144348_Opera.thumb.jpg.86c4536ceefbeccb0f590ae54d6826f1.jpg

SmartSelect_20230315-142359_YouTube.jpg

As for the logo, as you can tell, they kept the channel number as part of the rebrand maybe because the logo is iconic. 

Oh wait, what's this? 

image.png.ae643c1a4fdeab0f2a5ca22f3f54bcd4.png

They got rid of the wave from the previous logo. Maybe because they wanted to keep it as minimalistic as possible? 

Well, it seems like that was on purpose. Or if it was by accident, they can always add it later. 

Nice!!!  I think KDKA might be next.  By early next month the latest.  They might be trying to hold onto that KDKA-TV News name but I think I they know they’ve already lost that battle.

Edited by CircleWXYZ
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, NewEgg00 said:

It certainly was not an accident to omit the wave. 

The newscast intro for CBS News Miami captured at 4pm on their streaming channel. 

This is the first station to use the full CBS intro, and not just shorten it.

For the 5pm Newscast, which airs both streaming and linear, they used a very short intro after the headlines teaser.

Edited by NewEgg00
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

As much as I dislike the branding, IMO WFOR should've been called CBS South Florida/CBS News South Florida.

It’s kind of tricky with the last O&O desk design since the Channel Number is designed into the desk.

-KCBS killed off their desk for the new KCAL set

-KPIX is the only one that executed well by changing the number into call letters and the monitor on the desk says CBS News Bay Area.

-WFOR kept the number branding and even removed the wave on the desk. But to me it looks tacky to have both 4’s stamped on the desk. Not sure if they have a monitor or if it’s a duratrans.

we’ll see now the others in the group with the O&O desk will turn out (KOVR, WBBM, WCBS, & WJZ)

25 minutes ago, SFTV said:

we’ll see now the others in the group with the O&O desk will turn out (KOVR, WBBM, WCBS, & WJZ)

Old pic, but WCCO would have to figure out what to do with the logo on the frosted glass (at least I think it's glass?) above Frank

NWS Twin Cities on Twitter: "It has been 2 years since we've been able to  meet our partners in the media in person. Today we continued the return of  those visits with

Edited by GodfreyGR

I just saw a promo for “Talk Pittsburgh”, which premieres tomorrow at 3pm, and it shows the new KDKA callsign logo, which looks exactly like the one for KPIX.

So, KDKA might be switching over to the new news branding tomorrow.

• Like 3