New CBS O&O Look Coming Soon?

24994J

8 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Lifelong Minnesotan here- even if you are correct, they will take a sweet long time to kill off the best known branding/call letters in the state.

They had the opportunity to unveil the CBSN MN brand to the tens of thousands who walk by their booth at the state fair and every sign, banner, and giveaway had the classic WCCO logo on it.

Along with the billboards, you don’t spend that kind of money on promos and giveaways (even if they are paper fans and reusable grocery bags) to flip it right away. 

I get your point. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

There’s even a small chance that it doesn’t go away at all

I mean, every branding/graphics package they've had since 2007 features the rectangle of "WCCO". Only difference is that the CBS Eye is currently attached to it.

Thank to Jon Ellis for archiving all of these screengrabs! http://www.northpine.com/broadcast/captures/mn/wcco.html

• Like 1

Here’s WBBM’s on-air announcement of their 9am show. It’s still being advertised as “CBS 2 News at 9,” and the show starts in 5 days. You’d think that given WBBM’s ratings history, and the fact that half the show is streaming-exclusive, they’d do what KCNC is doing and launch the new branding on Monday.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
Incomplete post
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think Viacom/CBS is simply messing with our minds at this point.    They know they've got us where they want us, we're hooked waiting for something, anything,  any minute now we're gonna find out,  and nothing ever happens.   They mean to drive us all stark raving nuts.  🤪   

Edited by Nick
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ATLNewsExpert said:

Eh we got a whole day, besides rebrands/graphics don't usually premiere on morning newscast anyway

The morning newscast was supposed to be rebranded as “CBS Colorado Mornings”. As of today, it is still “CBS4 This Morning”.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

If I remember correctly and if I'm wrong please feel free to back me up but for the last couple of years usually when KCNC does a graphics change they've been doing it starting with the noon newscast. In this case. it's possible that maybe something was supposed to happen this morning and there was a hold up of some sort.  That's just my guess.  

• Like 5

Ladies and germs, might I suggest we not do play-by-play of our local stations, checking in to say that nothing has changed? All signs, at this time, are pointing to a package launch closer to, if not during or even after November. From now on, let us know when you see something legitimately new. Otherwise, we might just have to locked up this thread, for a bit.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Nick said:

Maybe next Monday  .  As of 5:10 EDT WCBS is still partying like it's 2016.

Honestly, it’ll likely be longer than that. There are clearly things they’re trying to iron out behind the scenes.

Maybe we’ll see them when CBS Detroit launches? There’s still no date for that, although they’d be stupid not to launch before the midterm elections.

1 minute ago, 24994J said:

Ladies and germs, might I suggest we not do play-by-play of our local stations, checking in to say that nothing has changed? All signs, at this time, are pointing to a package launch closer to, if not during or even after November. From now on, let us know when you see something legitimately new. Otherwise, we might just have to locked up this thread, for a bit.

If my posts on KCNC are cluttering the thread, I will happily hide them. My apologies.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

If my posts on KCNC are cluttering the thread, I will happily hide them. My apologies.

No, not at all. There were serious hints of the rebrand launching there, and the 9am open being different than anything else is worth a mention.

2 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

Honestly, it’ll likely be longer than that. There are clearly things they’re trying to iron out behind the scenes.

Maybe we’ll see them when CBS Detroit launches? There’s still no date for that, although they’d be stupid not to launch before the midterm elections.

2 hours ago, 24994J said:

I suppose, like the poor bedraggled guys in Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot"  who finally realized Godot was never showing up and headed home,  we might as well get back on the road..    

Too many canaries in the coalmine squawking too many different tunes.

Not that I haven't  thoroughly enjoyed this conversation. Not many people care about such things.  After all, think of all the viewers who would never even notice a difference in graphics,

Edited by Nick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/12/2022 at 11:30 AM, Requiere said:

I know it was mentioned that WSBK would revert back to TV38, and it looks like WBFS in Miami has also reverted to the TV33 branding. 

I apologize if this isn't the right thread to mention this change.

Looks like it's reverting back to an Indy station which will open up more opportunities for some extra newscasts...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

Source? And where is MyNetworkTV moving?

Apart from going back to TV33, primetime is just Family Feud with no mention of the MyNetworkTV programming. I also don't know what channel MYTV would move to, have they announced it in Boston yet?