New CBS O&O Look Coming Soon?

24994J

• 2 months later...

It’s worth noting each CBS O&O has a design team and an art director and can pretty much do whatever they want with station looks (within reason) and KCNC has been copying graphics from network for years. 

That said, a group wide change is not going to originate from Denver so just calm yourselves. 

Also - if you’re interested in applying - both WBBM and WCCO have art director positions open right now… 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, noggi said:

It’s worth noting each CBS O&O has a design team and an art director and can pretty much do whatever they want with station looks (within reason) and KCNC has been copying graphics from network for years. 

That said, a group wide change is not going to originate from Denver so just calm yourselves. 

Also - if you’re interested in applying - both WBBM and WCCO have art director positions open right now… 

Exactly. Which is disappointing to see because KCNC uses 4 different design languages. Inconsistent.

Yeah that's definitely not a group look. CBS has adopted TT Norms as the groupwide font and it would most certainly appear in any O&O package since the font family is being provided for free to all CBS affiliates. Here's another recent spot from KCNC....

Edited by qunewsguy
  • Like 2

I saw this graphic from WBBM about the Waukesha tragedy

and immediately thought of the current KDKA-TV

black and gold look.This could be a great update for KDKA if they go through with it. I would suggest to change the CBS logo on the left to a CW logo for WPCW newscasts though.

My Great Capture Screenshot 2021-11-22 18-01-45.png

My Great Capture Screenshot 2021-11-22 18-01-49.png

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I saw this graphic from WBBM about the Waukesha tragedy

and immediately thought of the current KDKA-TV

black and gold look.This could be a great update for KDKA if they go through with it. I would suggest to change the CBS logo on the left to a CW logo for WPCW newscasts though.

My Great Capture Screenshot 2021-11-22 18-01-45.png

My Great Capture Screenshot 2021-11-22 18-01-49.png

I honestly think they're going to do what KDKA and what WBBM are doing as seen above. If you watch CBS Mornings I do believe the eye is gold the L3s for the anchor/reporters name is white with black font or vice versa. I was telling a good friend that this might happen. Just a thought

• 4 weeks later...

Didn’t want to make a new thread under News Music. Wasn’t sure if this is part of a new update with graphics soon…..

KPIX now decommissioned the CBS Enforcer Metropolis Package in favor for either a 2021 Version 2 Update or a new CBS Enforcer Version 3 theme. (It’s not the version 3 theme that was uploaded on YouTube a while back and deleted)

Metropolis is only used for its 4:30-6am opens only.

Millenial Beat, Modern Classic, Epic Energy from Version 2 is also decommissioned for its bumpers and closing music

The Noon, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 11pm Opens are now rolled out with the new updated Enforcer theme along with new bumpers and closing music.

The new theme is more slower and dramatic. However there is one track on its bumpers which I do like because it’s upbeat and catchy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, froyo49 said:

It’s actually CBS Local from Stephen Arnold Music. I remember someone on this thread noticed that they were using the CBS Local election theme during their automated election results video stream last year. 
I recorded a brief clip from CBSN Bay Area:

Oh wow Gari is being phased out 😅

just listened to the sampler of CBS Local on NMSA.  All this time the morning promo music was CBS Local. Interesting.

Edited by SFTV
  • Sad 1

On 12/16/2021 at 8:10 PM, froyo49 said:

It’s actually CBS Local from Stephen Arnold Music. I remember someone on this thread noticed that they were using the CBS Local election theme during their automated election results video stream last year. 

IMG_5808.MOV 29 MB · 12 downloads

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the CBSN streaming services boxes look weird next to the CBS O&O graphics.  I'm so lucky I have access to the real channels so I don't ever have to worry about this problem. 

This is CBSN Pittsburgh next to the Broadcast feed of KDKA-TV. 

WSMV Screenshot 2021-12-20 16-19-33.png

WSMV Screenshot 2021-12-20 16-20-29.png

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
Switched Pictures to KDKA

That was me that heard the CBS Local used for the election. Makes me wonder if they’re starting to phase in CBS Local and will eventually be dropping Enforcer… 🤔 

• Like 1

That’s…..surreal. A slight upgrade for KPIX, but a massive upgrade for CBS Local itself. WDJT and other affiliates may now be convinced to pick it up.

On 12/17/2021 at 11:24 PM, HoosierNewsie said:

That was me that heard the CBS Local used for the election. Makes me wonder if they’re starting to phase in CBS Local and will eventually be dropping Enforcer… 🤔 

CBS Local would fit KDKA very well with its Black and Gold Look. I hope someone can do a resync of KDKA using CBS Local.

KDKA_11_PM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

CBS Local would fit KDKA very well with its Black and Gold Look. I hope someone can do a resync of KDKA using CBS Local.

KDKA_11_PM.jpg

I would love to hear the theme or would LOVE to see this resync.

• Like 1