New CBS O&O Look Coming Soon?

24994J

No sign of CBSN Chicago in sight, but WBBM is using some of the full screen graphics for local stories.

gas-tax-infogfx.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

cta-pension-spiking.thumb.jpg.d08584315c3cc25f8af03dff4e3ebd42.jpg

Also, while it doesn't match the streaming look, they tested an updated 7-Day over this past weekend.

1169942599_bandicam2019-07-0223-41-23-320.thumb.png.92ac318c356f362672b6c0060f8f40b1.png

While we're at it, let's throw in the ticker and bug adjustments at WCBS, too. (IceManNYR with the screenshot)

Video 018.jpeg

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going to say when will WJZ update the graphics. Took them a few months to go widescreen Chyrons (that are textually still 4:3 safe - they just updated the background).  Plus they run a Baron weather system and may take time to roll out compared to the bulk using WSI/TWC.

This one has the updated 7-Day!  I guess we can call it complete.  Not sure why Mary Kay Kleist isn't onboard, but Robb Ellis sure is!  And not sure if more changes are on the way outside of the weather dept.  I would hope so, 'cause the lower-thirds don't match, for one thing.

I'd be surprised if the CBSN look rolled out to the OTA newscasts with no modifcations or differences. Whether it's more thorough opens, a different bug with the station logo, or different lower thirds, what's used for the cable-like CBSN might not work as well for the traditional local format. The best comparison I can think of is how WGN and CLTV have differentiated their looks over the last decade, while sharing fonts, color schemes, and basic design elements.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...