Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
news89

WJW Cleveland New Set Soon

8 hours ago, MyNewsArchive said:

Here's the Noon & 5pm Opens... 

Okay why is I-TEAM trademarked in that? Tons of stations (including some in the same market) use the branding but I never seen it used with a ™. 

The only I-TEAM trademarks I can find are related to technology companies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rkolsen said:

Okay why is I-TEAM trademarked in that? Tons of stations (including some in the same market) use the branding but I never seen it used with a ™. 

First to use it maybe? Maybe they're licensing it.

9 hours ago, rkolsen said:

They've used the I-TEAM brand since the late 70s with Carl Monday.

• Like 2

Looking at it it appears the  symbol is typically used when its not licensed.  There are no records of it being registered for news on the USPTO.  

Posted (edited)

It is registered in the State of Ohio.

https://businesssearch.sos.state.oh.us/#MarkDescriptionDiv

Records show that "New World Communications of Ohio, INC" registered it on 7/16/2001...but it expired ten years later.

"Fox Television Stations, LLC" registered it on 8/23/2001 for a 20 year term that expires in 2021.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Like 3

Thinking about the signature of “Beyond” and realizing it could totally be reverse engineered to say:  “We are Cleveland’s Own. Fox-Eight-News.”

That makes me like it even more. Just a quality production and sharp look all the way around. And after so many years of that OSI theme... 😬

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ttvn2000 said:

Thinking about the signature of “Beyond” and realizing it could totally be reverse engineered to say:  “We are Cleveland’s Own. Fox-Eight-News.”

That makes me like it even more. Just a quality production and sharp look all the way around. And after so many years of that OSI theme... 😬

I was listening to Fusion and you can hear the WJW calls in the signature. Since they did commission it in 2002.

• Like 1