WJW Cleveland New Set Soon

news89

8 hours ago, MyNewsArchive said:

Here's the Noon & 5pm Opens... 

Okay why is I-TEAM trademarked in that? Tons of stations (including some in the same market) use the branding but I never seen it used with a ™. 

The only I-TEAM trademarks I can find are related to technology companies. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rkolsen said:

Okay why is I-TEAM trademarked in that? Tons of stations (including some in the same market) use the branding but I never seen it used with a ™. 

First to use it maybe? Maybe they're licensing it.

9 hours ago, rkolsen said:

They've used the I-TEAM brand since the late 70s with Carl Monday.

It is registered in the State of Ohio.

https://businesssearch.sos.state.oh.us/#MarkDescriptionDiv

Records show that "New World Communications of Ohio, INC" registered it on 7/16/2001...but it expired ten years later.

"Fox Television Stations, LLC" registered it on 8/23/2001 for a 20 year term that expires in 2021.

Thinking about the signature of “Beyond” and realizing it could totally be reverse engineered to say:  “We are Cleveland’s Own. Fox-Eight-News.”

That makes me like it even more. Just a quality production and sharp look all the way around. And after so many years of that OSI theme... 😬

35 minutes ago, ttvn2000 said:

Thinking about the signature of “Beyond” and realizing it could totally be reverse engineered to say:  “We are Cleveland’s Own. Fox-Eight-News.”

That makes me like it even more. Just a quality production and sharp look all the way around. And after so many years of that OSI theme... 😬

I was listening to Fusion and you can hear the WJW calls in the signature. Since they did commission it in 2002.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 12:43 PM, Vidifont said:

Yes, the WJW 1996 set was in studio A also.

As for WEWS, the large studio at the front of the building was instantly made smaller when they built an HD control room.

This took a chunk of studio space away. Previously, they built a sports area upstairs on the other side of the

studio and this also took studio space away. When they do a wide shot, the camera is almost touching the back wall.

Stations don't seem to understand, less space = less camera angles which affects HD depth control.

WOIO is in the basement and their news set is so crammed into the small space they call a studio. You can see it on the air. Embarrassing

to say the least. I feel like the anchor's script might fall out of my television onto my living room floor.

WOIO is not the only one that broadcasts from the basement. Wayne and Garth do it.

wayne04.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2020 at 8:58 AM, 5OnYourSideMan said:

WOIO is not the only one that broadcasts from the basement. Wayne and Garth do it.

wayne04.jpg

In hindsight, WOIO should have moved in with WUAB years ago, but times were way different way back then. 

Parmatown (across the street) was still a thriving mall and the area was booming retail-wise.  The traffic hastened the desire to sell the WUAB property to a developer who would raze it for an OfficeMax store.

Flash forward to now....SouthPark mall opened two years after the "sale" down in Strongsville, and slowly sucked any life out of the area.  OfficeMax would later close (along with most of the stores around it) and lives on as a Planet Fitness.

Even Parmatown mall has been de-malled, a Walmart replaced a long-closed Dillard's (Higbee's), and Macy's pulled the plug on a longtime May Company anchor spot a decade ago (it's been demolished along with most of the former in-line mall space.  Even JCPenney will soon be a distant memory as it's closing it's store.

It could be the perfect time for WUAB/WOIO to return to the area, as there is now plenty of retail space to be had.  I'm sure they're leasing their rat-infested basement of Reserve Square simply because it's in Downtown Cleveland.

WKYC moved to Lakeside from their old home in the former East Ohio Gas Building.  WEWS has made it work at Euclid Avenue after several renovations and a third floor office expansion (despite the sacrifice of studio space as mentioned above).  And WJW is doing just fine on S. Marginal (Dick Goddard Way) after 40+ years and plenty of studio space to work with.  Maybe Gray (or another owner) will finally bless them with a better facility in a more accessible location.

• 2 months later...

Beau Weaver the new VO for FOX 8 News. Wasn't he the guy so said "Thanks for joining us for the special preview. And now our Feature Presentation." on the Disney tapes from 1996 and so on?

On 6/23/2019 at 12:48 AM, news89 said:

Yes and hopefully the OSI music will be retired as well.

Very tight shot of the desk at the close of the newscast.  They had some audio issues with microphones.

20190622_233352.jpg

Looks kind of cramped in the New Day Cleveland Studio.

Archived