WJW Cleveland New Set Soon

news89

I really like the set. That said I wish there was the budget to get curved or and the LED tiles around that one corner of the wall.  Having a seamless display right next to a 3x3 grid doesn’t look cohesive for me.  

Also why no sink in the kitchen? I’m sure it could be easily plumbed in. And turned off so you wouldn’t have to worry about leaks and what not during the rest of the week when it’s not in use. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, rkolsen said:

I really like the set. That said I wish there was the budget to get curved or and the LED tiles around that one corner of the wall.  Having a seamless display right next to a 3x3 grid doesn’t look cohesive for me.  

Also why no sink in the kitchen? I’m sure it could be easily plumbed in. And turned off so you wouldn’t have to worry about leaks and what not during the rest of the week when it’s not in use. 

A curved video wall would have been very cool! I agree, I don't understand why they didn't do seamless directly behind the desk to match the sides.  And the kitchen feels like an after thought to me, I don't know how much they will use it but yes it could have been better. (and had a sink).

51 minutes ago, JRogotzke said:

A curved video wall would have been very cool! I agree, I don't understand why they didn't do seamless directly behind the desk to match the sides.  And the kitchen feels like an after thought to me, I don't know how much they will use it but yes it could have been better. (and had a sink).

Here's what they had before:

image.png.4972763a2d1d53728f89a7ff4ebe7a2f.png

So, even without a sink - this is an improvement.

11 hours ago, JRogotzke said:

You’d think for kitchen purposes, they’d do that in Studio B (the New Day set). But it must make more sense logistically.

47 minutes ago, Myron Falwell said:

You’d think for kitchen purposes, they’d do that in Studio B (the New Day set). But it must make more sense logistically.

Oh Myron my old pal...

What about the bathrooms?

So many times a station rebuilds the set, and the kitchen ...but completely IGNORE those bathrooms.

In this time of complex station buys and trades you would think the folks at WJW would at least update those baths.

wjwbath.jpg.921ca2edb9b15b2414078d69659d5c62.jpg

It's about squeezing every little dollar out of station value.

Welcome back BTW...I missed you and the toons.

Hope all is well.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:25 PM, Myron Falwell said:

It takes 2 studios = 2 union crews. Be realistic. WJW is doing it right. The audience is loyal. They will stay. Studio A the place to

stay.

However, WEWS is a joke,

WKYC is living on borrowed time and WOIO is...?

The anchors are not holding anything down, It;s painful to watch. I think, yes I think they should let the

sports guys do the news cuz they have the energy.

WOIO is a waste of time. Only thing they have going for them is CBS and they don't embrace the network.

BIG MISTAKE.

It's a major market fools. This war will not be won by Gray, they don't have the experience. They are Sinclair like, laughable.

Gray is screwed in Cleveland. Read this in 24 months. We will both have a laugh!

So go way far WJW!, the new set is a big win brothers and sisters!!! The people love that station.

Next?

43 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

I wonder how long these graphics will last, with WJW likely going back to Fox soon.

The open looks pretty good.

Unless Fox plans on a refresh/overhaul to their O&O graphics, or give WJW the same leeway that they (wisely) give KTVU, that would count as a downgrade for them now IMO.

3 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Ripped off KDVR, I see.

Also, they created their own L3s and bastardized the open. It looks like crap!

It's still better than WGHP, who opted for Din as the main typeface in an utterly ponderous way... Gotham just doesn't work with Din. At least Gotham meshes more with the typeface utilized for the original package.

The opens are giving me a WJZ vibe.

Very impressive!  With the in house tweaks, it works really well and is far and away the best thing going on Cleveland TV now.

Beau Weaver has been there a while now (a few years) but is finally replacing Greg O'Neill in the news opens...

The one thing I'll miss is the lack of the Key wall....how would they be able to create classic Big Chuck and Lil John sketches like this?

(Cue BCLJ laugh..  ha ha clap laughter)

8 hours ago, Myron Falwell said:

Unless Fox plans on a refresh/overhaul to their O&O graphics, or give WJW the same leeway that they (wisely) give KTVU, that would count as a downgrade for them now IMO.

It's still better than WGHP, who opted for Din as the main typeface in an utterly ponderous way... Gotham just doesn't work with Din. At least Gotham meshes more with the typeface utilized for the original package.

The opens are giving me a WJZ vibe.

Those wipes in the open are so lazy!

18 hours ago, NEOMatrix said:

JPEG_20190826_040238.thumb.jpg.121276793a1325ddf88881d2ee6c644a.jpg20190826_041524.thumb.jpg.1ec23203c2f160f418695c75b98eb095.jpg

Custom graphics to make it look less dated. WJW's art guys somehow make the TribFox package look fresh.

Thanks for including these. Since the live stream doesn't include the bug, this gives us a better look at how the graphics actually look to viewers.

Archived