Outage Alert! Software Upgrades this Weekend ×

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

WVTM in Birmingham is officially on a temporary set while a new set is under construction. Today appears to be the first full day on the temporary set. Farewell, MG-era set!

• Like 1

I'm happy to see WVTM FINALLY get a new set. The MG-era set served well and I can't wait to see what Hearst does. They've really invested in WVTM since they purchased it.

• Like 1

I suspect that monitor bank in the newsroom set is a sign of what's to come.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

I suspect that monitor bank in the newsroom set is a sign of what's to come.

Yeah, I expect it to move in the studio - however I haven’t seen any of the new sets with four panels.  The newsroom looks like a dump maybe they’ll be left there. 

28 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

Yeah, I expect it to move in the studio - however I haven’t seen any of the new sets with four panels.  The newsroom looks like a dump maybe they’ll be left there. 

I was in their building in September. There are parts that need desperately updated. The newsroom is one of them. The building was heavily neglected by Media General. Their studio is a pretty decent size.

• Like 2

Now here's something you don't see every day as a new set nears completion... anchors reacting for the very first time to their new set, which of course should be one of those "Hearst-in-a-box"-type of sets.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

I am guessing it will look a lot like the WDSU set?

And likely like KOCO, WISN, KOAT, KMBC, ...you get the idea. 😁

A definite upgrade.  It's right up there with WIAT, light years ahead of WBRC, and makes 33/40 look way, way cheaper in comparison....and that's talking about their current set and not the cardboard and plywood one they had before!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

I'm getting WTAE vibes from this set, especially with the steel underneath the monitors.

Seems appropriate since both Pittsburgh and Birmingham are both major steel cities and have been compared to each other....

• Like 2

Devlin has been knocking it out of the park with its sets lately, particularly the Hearst ones. Love the attention to detail on this one. It's nice to see thought being put into design rather than just serving up cookie-cutter stuff.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2019 at 1:18 AM, AJClementeFan69 said:

Devlin has been knocking it out of the park with its sets lately, particularly the Hearst ones. Love the attention to detail on this one. It's nice to see thought being put into design rather than just serving up cookie-cutter stuff.

Devlin's always been more "out of the box" with their clients, unless it's someone like Sinclair who wanted more uniformity in their sets (like their first HD ones).