WWOR 9 Broadcast Plaza demolition

WAVY 10 Fan

9 hours ago, WAVY 10 Fan said:

If there were any few remaining doubts about WWOR being a New Jersey station in name only, the beginning of 9 Broadcast Plaza's (sold late last year) date with the wrecking ball should put it to rest.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/06/bye-bye-channel-9-demolition-begins-at-secaucus-based-tv-station.html

I have never understood FTS's stubbornness about keeping the old-old-old Fox Television Center over WWOR's much more modern facility, especially with NJ's tax climate. But the pride of being in NYC always overrules some common sense...

3 hours ago, ED2 said:

So have all the operations for WWOR officially moved in with WNYW, or did they move to some place else in NJ?

The moment the Main Studio Rule was repealed, FTS no longer had to maintain the fiction of having a Secaucus studio that just existed after 2013 to relay a signal to the other side of the Hudson (NJ's senators are still pushing at the requirement to be restored specific to WWOR, but it isn't returning without a Democratic-friendly FCC). Best case scenario, they keep a small office in a suite somewhere for a Chasing News jockey to call in on Skype and consider that 'public service to New Jersey'.

The only Jersey centric show they really have is "New Jersey Now", a half-hour public affairs show hosted by WWOR's Vice President/Station Manager Dianne Doctor.

"Chasing News" doesn't even know if wants to be a NJ or NY show. They're airing more NY stories, there is (only one) billboard in the Bronx (probably the only advertising outside of MY 9), I'm not sure what "Chasing News" is chasing anymore.

1 hour ago, RGSJenkins said:

The only Jersey centric show they really have is "New Jersey Now", a half-hour public affairs show hosted by WWOR's Vice President/Station Manager Dianne Doctor.

"Chasing News" doesn't even know if wants to be a NJ or NY show. They're airing more NY stories, there is (only one) billboard in the Bronx (probably the only advertising outside of MY 9), I'm not sure what "Chasing News" is chasing anymore.

There are a couple in rotation on the digital billboards on the NJ Turnpike so...I guess that counts?

On 6/5/2019 at 6:47 PM, WAVY 10 Fan said:

If there were any few remaining doubts about WWOR being a New Jersey station in name only, the beginning of 9 Broadcast Plaza's (sold late last year) date with the wrecking ball should put it to rest.

Looks like the New Jersey lawmakers are blowing their tops on this one....

19 hours ago, detroiter313 said:

Looks like the New Jersey lawmakers are blowing their tops on this one....

They should be.  It was due to legal requirements that WWOR first moved to NJ and Fox's broken promises to maintain it's NJ focus.  Chasing Crap does not cut it.

Archived