John Elliott moved to weekends?

Geoffrey

9 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Vanessa did the weather Saturday morning and evening

Guessing he was was off today though Andrea and Cindy never said Vanessa was in for John.

That’s why my feeling is that John isn’t going to remain for much longer.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just a guess but my guess is that Bill will join WCBS in September and that then Elise will be back on weekend evening and Vanessa will be back on weekend morning and John will not longer be with WCBS. At least not WCBS-TV.

28 minutes ago, nydem2015 said:

This is just a guess but my guess is that Bill will join WCBS in September and that then Elise will be back on weekend evening and Vanessa will be back on weekend morning and John will not longer be with WCBS. At least not WCBS-TV.

I think you are correct.  Just in time for sweeps.  Not sure about the radio station as well but Bill and Scott Shannon are great friends but may conflict with his station unless they negotiate and Scott did a brief stint on Bill's station with the call letters, they scrapped that when the long time listener went bananas that he was on. 

21 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Same thing today, They never said Vanessa was in for John.

21 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Same thing today, They never said Vanessa was in for John.

He wasn't on the radio today too, but neither was Scott and Patti, so they may all be on vacation.  I don't think he is gone yet.

3 hours ago, 24994J said:

This thread isn't even about Bill!

For real, this thread is getting ridiculous. It's summertime, so if John isn't on, it doesn't mean he's unemployed. If they don't mention his absence, that would put them in practice with dozens/hundreds of other stations. They've rearranged assignments, stop mentally hiring people for a position that isn't currently open. John's demotion does not mean that they're trying to combat against Sam Champion. Related, Lonnie isn't going to move to mornings, and Al Roker isn't replacing Chris Cimino.

I don't know if they're from the same people, but more than a dozen posts in this thread have been blocked because they're just repetitive complaints about John's demotion. To those newcomers, WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER SUCH MATTERS. This isn't Facebook or Twitter, and we're not station management.

I've been meaning to bring it up with the other moderators, but frankly, until something actually changes, this topic should be put to rest.

Do you mean that Lee Goldberg isn’t moving to WPIX and John Elliott to FOX 5 and Mike Woods to WABC and Mr. G isn’t retiring?!  

Well damn :(

11 hours ago, 24994J said:

This thread isn't even about Bill!

For real, this thread is getting ridiculous. It's summertime, so if John isn't on, it doesn't mean he's unemployed. If they don't mention his absence, that would put them in practice with dozens/hundreds of other stations. They've rearranged assignments, stop mentally hiring people for a position that isn't currently open. John's demotion does not mean that they're trying to combat against Sam Champion. Related, Lonnie isn't going to move to mornings, and Al Roker isn't replacing Chris Cimino.

I don't know if they're from the same people, but more than a dozen posts in this thread have been blocked because they're just repetitive complaints about John's demotion. To those newcomers, WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER SUCH MATTERS. This isn't Facebook or Twitter, and we're not station management.

I've been meaning to bring it up with the other moderators, but frankly, until something actually changes, this topic should be put to rest.

Point well taken!

love John Elliot, always made me laugh and smile. The foursome was a perfect combination and you could tell they really liked and cared about each other. Will only watch on weekends to get my morning laugh.

I’ve been wondering what happened to John. I’m so upset. I’ve been watching for years. John was more than a meteorologist. He was truly an entertainer!!  I looked forward to the morning news!  My grandaughter is 10 yo.  She asks me every morning: what did John Elliot day today???

was always hoping to meet him at the jersey shore. Good luck John. You will be missed!!!

On 7/4/2019 at 2:12 AM, Ellen bavcarella said:

I’ve been wondering what happened to John. I’m so upset. I’ve been watching for years. John was more than a meteorologist. He was truly an entertainer!!  I looked forward to the morning news!  My grandaughter is 10 yo.  She asks me every morning: what did John Elliot day today???

was always hoping to meet him at the jersey shore. Good luck John. You will be missed!!!

Just how much will you miss John? 

On 7/4/2019 at 9:13 AM, ChasEC123 said:

I just want to add my voice to those who will miss the entire weekday morning crew who have been moved.

Most the morning crew has moved to New Jersey...to save commute time.

13 hours ago, Vicky castellano said:

Well I will not be watching anymore as he was the heart of that show!

Well we have to ask just what YOU are doing to be a good viewer?

It's just a bit lame that you waited all this time to praise John AFTER he got removed from the show.

Chas, Vicki and Ellin...

You need to show John a little MORE love!

Send WCBS all your bitcoins...and John might return to weekdays.

Enjoy this picture suitable for framing.

image.png.b241177e84673e372b231b639014f667.png

43 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Absolutely.  Becoming too repetitive, nobody can possibly have anything new to say that hasn't been said already.

Unless you’re the person above who keeps saying the same exact thing 20 different ways 

As much as I like Elyse, I'm bothered by the move, to weekends, of John Elliot. He makes the morning a delight for me and many of my friends and family. His little anecdotes and reparte' makes you feel as though he were in your home as a friend. Please bring him back to week day mornings. He is one of the best features of CBS.

Thankyou,

Sharyn Perlstein

I agree. The news isn't the same without him. If it was his choice, I'm almost certain there would have been some sort of "good bye" from the other broadcasters during that time slot. When you whack somebody, it's kept quiet. If John wanted fewer hours or weekends, he would have made that announcement and told everyone, knowing how many people watch him and respond to him every day. I didn't watch it because of him but his absence has thrown the group chemistry off. It's nothing special anymore. JMO

In just six months the top three local NYC morning weathercasters-who had been with their respective stations in their morning role for at least 12 years-  Bill, John and Chris have left their morning newscasts. Hard to believe but true. When Chris Cimino saw John was moved off weekday mornings and Bill already had left it must have put some thoughts to leave himself in his head. Too much of a coincidence to say otherwise. I miss Bill and will miss Chris and John too.  Hopefully we see them again on weekday mornings.

On 7/16/2019 at 2:45 PM, Paul Holston said:

In just six months the top three local NYC morning weathercasters-who had been with their respective stations in their morning role for at least 12 years-  Bill, John and Chris have left their morning newscasts. Hard to believe but true. When Chris Cimino saw John was moved off weekday mornings and Bill already had left it must have put some thoughts to leave himself in his head. Too much of a coincidence to say otherwise. I miss Bill and will miss Chris and John too.  Hopefully we see them again on weekday mornings.

I think that is absolutely pure speculation. His reason for leaving I'm sure is none of our business.

• 24994J locked this topic

Archived