John Elliott moved to weekends?

Geoffrey

8 hours ago, Patty said:

Feel this move of John from weekday AM was/is a mistake. We watch because his personality adds some smiles to the start of our day which the news seldom does. Why make this change when NOTHING was wrong with John on air? He was a reason to put on CBS in the AM.  I feel we may have to switch back to ABC...sad..

How do we know this was done by a request by John?  He is not a young man.  Perhaps it's his first step of easing on out to retire?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highly doubtful it was per his request.  Now with this current schedule he works 7 days a week as opposed to 5.  He’s still on 101.1 WCBS FM from 6a-10a then does CBSN and on top of that does Saturday and Sunday mornings.  

There was also no diversity on the morning show so that might be what happened because John was definitely not the weakest link on that team.  I like Elise but I liked the way the teams were in place before this all happened.  John was perfect for the weekday morning show. 

I won’t be watching CBS in the mornings any more. Moving John Elliott lost my viewership and my office’s choice for news as well. The decision to move him lost CBS over 100 viewers on my end. So sad!  

So very sorry they moved John!   He is the best, such a cheerful, fun guy!  Been watching him since he was on in the middle of the night on 4.  This is a terrible move by CBS.  What are they thinking?  or not?  Put John back on M-F where he belongs!

John was the only reason I watched CBS in the morning.  He would brighten my day no matter what the forecast!

i think this is bad move by CBS NY to move him to weekends.  Would expect weekday morning ratings to go way down now!!

Please bring John Elliott back to M-F mornings....the move was a big mistake.  Elise is nice, but no pizazz or real enthusiasm.  John may have a little too much enthusiasm but he was engaging on delivering the weather forecasts, along with active in supporting causes/community minded.....isn't that an important asset to have?  Making changes for the sake of making changes is not always a good thing.   

Lynn

So very saddened to see that John Elliott is no longer on week days from 4:30-7am. Elise Finch is good but she doesn’t have the personality that John has to brighten the mornings. Please bring him back, unless this was his choice. 

If Bill Evans is replacing John   as someone predicted why would they have John do weekends.  Why not cut him right away or are they gradually doing it.  I can’t see Elise being competition against Sam Champion. The only people would be Bill or John. Even Lonnie if they switch times.  

John Eliot has been a part 0f our family at least 30-40 years. There is no other that could take his place... He is a natural .. He brings not only the weather but fun facts that only shows he's words are not staged ... I always felt his coankers would cut him off when he would be saying something  far more interesting  then them DESPERETLY stealng his thunder ... We will not be watching any NEWS.... We only watch  for Johns energy style intelligence that is a gift at BIRTH..😙😥         

John Elliott brings a special energy to the morning news and was a prefect fit with Chris and Mary.  I know a network has to do what they think is best, but this in my opinion is an epic fail.  Nothing against Ms Finch, but John always brought that special something to morning weather reporting.  I hope he comes back, always looked forward to seeing and hearing him in the morning. 

On 6/25/2019 at 9:00 PM, Nancy said:

If Bill Evans is replacing John   as someone predicted why would they have John do weekends.  Why not cut him right away or are they gradually doing it.  

I've kept wondering about this and came up with a new theory in the last few days: Perhaps they're using Elise as a "buffer" of sorts.  This way, John's fans won't take it out on Bill Evans, if that is indeed the way this is going.  The anger about John being pushed out can fade away and then, in a few months, Bill can get a fresh start without the baggage of having directly replaced a popular, longtime personality.

As far as I know, Elise hasn't been added to any morning promos.  There is something that feels quite temporary about her being there.  I also just can't see executives at CBS 2 going, "ABC 7 just brought back Sam Champion. We have to one-up them with Elise Finch!"  (No offense to Elise, of course.)

I don't know if this is logical or if stations really plan anchor changes out like this...  but it's the best I've got.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

I've kept wondering about this and came up with a new theory in the last few days: Perhaps they're using Elise as a "buffer" of sorts.  This way, John's fans won't take it out on Bill Evans, if that is indeed the way this is going.  The anger about John being pushed out can fade away and then, in a few months, Bill can get a fresh start without the baggage of having directly replaced a popular, longtime personality.

As far as I know, Elise hasn't been added to any morning promos.  There is something that feels quite temporary about her being there.  I also just can't see executives at CBS 2 going, "ABC 7 just brought back Sam Champion. We have to one-up them with Elise Finch!"  (No offense to Elise, of course.)

I don't know if this is logical or if stations really plan anchor changes out like this...  but it's the best I've got.

My thing is.. John Elliott was not “unpopular” and quite honestly while I definitely see it as a possibility of Bill going there I don’t see them gaining too many people from WABC.. Sam being there will keep many viewers on WABC.. I don’t know what the logic behind this whole thing is.. it just doesn’t make sense.. the weird thing is when this first happened everyone said Bill really has no place to go.. now in theory the possibilities are enormous lol 

Now I hear Chris Cimino is leaving. Next week is his last week.  So I’m not sure what will happen.  I was listening to Bill Evans last night and he says he has his own show cause he was officially on the schedule but he’s been doing that timeslot for months and he is part owner so anything can be changed.  So will he be staying in Sag Harbor.  My guess is definitely for the summer.  Maybe he’s waiting for the fall to return and that’s why Elisa is a filler.  I don’t think BBC will wait. 

2 hours ago, nydem2015 said:

I can see Bill taking over at WNBC. WCBS who knows what will happen there. Part of me does think that this is related to Sams WABC return in one way or another.

Right now Bill looks happy at Sag Harbor. I know everyone wants Bill back. However, on the basis of travel from Sag Harbor to Manhattan. Bill would have to possibly move back to Manhattan in order to make things work. TINY starts at 4AM. Prep starts between 2:00 and 2:30 (if I'm correct). Right now I can't see Bill moving to WNBC. They are pretty well structured there. If anything 57th Street is possibly his calling if the money and contract is correct.

• 24994J locked this topic

Archived