John Elliott moved to weekends?

Geoffrey

If John Elliott's Instagram comment this morning is accurate (I only say that because I'm shocked and hoping it's a joke), he has been moved to weekends. Elise Finch has been doing the morning weather this week.

I believe John joined in January 2007 and has had the same shift ever since. Elise joined a little later that year.

Just seems like such an odd move if it wasn't his request (and it doesn't seem like it was). Wonder if they're just waiting for his contract to be up.

Screenshot_20190605-105143_Instagram.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RealNews18 said:

Call me crazy but is this a way of making room for Bill Evans??? 

I think it's more likely making room for viewers to switch to Sam Champion.

10 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I think it's more likely making room for viewers to switch to Sam Champion.

It’s sad because while not the highest rated, WCBS had a decent morning team the past few years (stable at that) it they are trying to increase ratings, moving John is not the answer because he is by far NOT the weak link on that show. 

Morning ratings had to be doing poorly and to further erode the situation they moved Elise to morning in conjunction to Sam Champion returning to Abc7.

But John has that morning type of personality. Elise more belong on evenings.

2 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

If John Elliott's Instagram comment this morning is accurate (I only say that because I'm shocked and hoping it's a joke), he has been moved to weekends. Elise Finch has been doing the morning weather this week.

I believe John joined in January 2007 and has had the same shift ever since. Elise joined a little later that year.

Just seems like such an odd move if it wasn't his request (and it doesn't seem like it was). Wonder if they're just waiting for his contract to be up.

Screenshot_20190605-105143_Instagram.jpg

Didn’t even realize Alice is on weekends too.

1 hour ago, RealNews18 said:

It’s sad because while not the highest rated, WCBS had a decent morning team the past few years (stable at that) it they are trying to increase ratings, moving John is not the answer because he is by far NOT the weak link on that show. 

Who exactly do you think is the weakest link?

1 hour ago, TVNewsLover said:

Didn’t even realize Alice is on weekends too.

Apologies if my cropping of the post made it unclear. The caption was under a photo of them together in the CBSN New York studio.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:54 AM, nydem2015 said:

Perhaps Lonnie will end up on mornings to compete against Sam

We would have to see Lonnie in a Speedo first... to make a fair comparison.

( "sam in speedo.jpg" rejected by server due to overuse)

John went from weekday mornings to weekend mornings.

Vanessa Murdock has moved to weekend evenings.

John also does the forecasts for Scott Shannon in the Morning on CBS-FM.

Curious if he does the CBS-FM forecasts from CBS2 then does the forecasts on CBSN New York.

20 hours ago, Eat News said:

We would have to see Lonnie in a Speedo first... to make a fair comparison.

( "sam in speedo.jpg" rejected by server due to overuse)

It's a possibility although I wouldn't be shocked if Bill Evans joins the team.

17 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

John went from weekday mornings to weekend mornings.

Vanessa Murdock has moved to weekend evenings.

John also does the forecasts for Scott Shannon in the Morning on CBS-FM.

Curious if he does the CBS-FM forecasts from CBS2 then does the forecasts on CBSN New York.

I'm 95% positive that he does the forecast at CBS2 Studios as the WCBS-FM is on 6th. John as also done weather segments on WCBS News radio 880 I want to say Middays 11-1 before Lonnie comes in for early PM drive-time 2-4.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:21 AM, RealNews18 said:

Call me crazy but is this a way of making room for Bill Evans??? 

I doubt it.  Bill Evans now lives far away from NYC and owns & runs a radio station where he is also an on air personality.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:39 PM, nydem2015 said:

I would be shocked too for the reason I stated above.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:54 PM, nydem2015 said:

Perhaps Lonnie will end up on mornings to compete against Sam

Lonnie had better like getting up in the middle of the night for that to happen.

13 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

I doubt it.  Bill Evans now lives far away from NYC and owns & runs a radio station where he is also an on air personality.

He has stated multiple times on his social media that he will be returning to television. 

6 hours ago, Colortini said:

John was back on this morning.  I didn’t hear them say that he was in for Elise so hopefully he’s back for good! 🤞

... also back at 12noon. I guess the Elise thing was short term!  Glad John is back.

Feel this move of John from weekday AM was/is a mistake. We watch because his personality adds some smiles to the start of our day which the news seldom does. Why make this change when NOTHING was wrong with John on air? He was a reason to put on CBS in the AM.  I feel we may have to switch back to ABC...sad..

• 24994J locked this topic

Archived