WPLG Graphics Refresh

Georgie56

34 minutes ago, MikePulse said:

It’s ALWAYS started late. Before, it was ok. Now, just lazy. 

A: Not nearly that late... that’s ridiculous. 

B: 4 and 7 copy each other in Detroit.

C:: New VoiceOver guy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ChrisC-R said:

WJXT has debuted the graphics at 5pm yesterday in addition to ditching The Edge. They are now using Inergy but no signs of the WJXT Signature. 

Dammit, you just beat me to it.

Wow, their first non-Gari package in 19 years.

WKMG was the last one to get the previous graphics as well, however did notice a new ending to their program promotions,  which appear to use the new graphics style (which also returns the CBS logo to the graphics as well), so it may be forthcoming (I would say November).

3 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Here's a montage of WJXT's opens. Have to say, they have the best execution of this package so far.

And the Breaking open.

As soon as I heard this for the first time, I thought to myself... winner winner chicken dinner. Best package cut of 2019 so far. Wow, I really love this cut a lot and it will make you dance to the beat of it. Idk why no other stations went with this but I'm glad WJXT did with it and its awesome.

The sound imaging from Arnold definitely helps, but yeah WJXT definitely chose strong cuts of Inergy.

I don't know if this says more about the strength of Arnold's sonic branding, or the absurd willingness of WCPM to let Gari's classic sound and signatures fade into obscurity since the acquisition.

13 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

As soon as I heard this for the first time, I thought to myself... winner winner chicken dinner. Best package cut of 2019 so far. Wow, I really love this cut a lot and it will make you dance to the beat of it. Idk why no other stations went with this but I'm glad WJXT did with it and its awesome.

Thank god they spared no expense with their newscast names... yikes.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, Weeters said:

NONE of the music there is "original" Inergy. This is basically Inergy V.2.

I wonder if they commissioned this, or if Inergy's biggest customer asked for an update...

I thought it sounded completely different. A bit more aggressive and energetic. Their biggest customer is still Scripps, right?

On 10/3/2019 at 8:05 PM, Weeters said:

I wonder if they commissioned this, or if Inergy's biggest customer asked for an update...

It would be completely false to call it a V2 - Arnold *NEVER* officially versions things off like that. Updates? Yes. They're not 615.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:46 PM, Georgie56 said:

And WDIV. Radically different open from the others.

Turns out this WDIV open was temporary. DetroitTVNews on Discord said they have debuted a new open (likely the same as the others).

On 10/3/2019 at 6:05 PM, Weeters said:

Ha! No. KMGH did for Scripps.

23 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Turns out this WDIV open was temporary. DetroitTVNews on Discord said they have debuted a new open (likely the same as the others).

Nope. The opens are still the same, except now the 4:00pm news has been assimilated with the new look.

New First at 4 Open:

Most recent open: 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived