KFSM New Set/Building/Location

NWA_TV_guy

KFSM’s new building is complete and the 5NEWS crew is practicing on the new set. The new studio — located in Johnson, AR (Fayetteville) — is roughly 60 miles away from the current location in Fort Smith, AR and 5-10 minutes from the Fayetteville studio located in the Northwest Arkansas Mall in Fayetteville, AR. Erika Thomas, 5NEWS anchor, said in a Facebook post that the new look will debut in June 2019.

upload_2018-9-20_22-51-19.thumb.jpeg.c68d7fd68c487a2c5a9fad9345594138.jpeg6BD8D694-5CF8-4720-96AD-05265DC08CFF.thumb.jpeg.46554d3163b223b452e162861fa07a93.jpeg

9 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

So what are KFSM's plans for covering Fort Smith, the River Valley of Arkansas and far Eastern Oklahoma moving forward?

That will be up to Tegna. I'd assume they would rent office space somewhere in Fort Smith for a bureau there (and probably work more with KTHV too).

8 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

That will be up to Tegna. I'd assume they would rent office space somewhere in Fort Smith for a bureau there (and probably work more with KTHV too).

And besides Tegna would likely want to also set up a Capital Bureau for KFSM/KTHV to cover issues in Little Rock in addition to having a Fort Smith bureau set up for both AR stations to perhaps cover areas in Arkansas that are on the fringe of both KFSM's and KTHV's Coverage Areas

The logo reminds us of KVVU. But I guess that will look alright for the new building and comfortable standing for weathermen and sportscasters along with the anchors sitting at the newly design news desk with a giant “5” logo behind them. 

4 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

So what are KFSM's plans for covering Fort Smith, the River Valley of Arkansas and far Eastern Oklahoma moving forward?

It has been long reported by KFSM staff on social media that in the future they will have a new space in Fort Smith and remain in the current building until that time.  The existing building has gotten to the point where repairs are more than frequent and staff have had security issues there. The station has been very insistent in keeping a heavy presence in the River Valley area when the other stations have not in recent years.

5 hours ago, JacobC said:

The logo reminds us of KVVU. But I guess that will look alright for the new building and comfortable standing for weathermen and sportscasters along with the anchors sitting at the newly design news desk with a giant “5” logo behind them. 

Looks almost like a malnourished KCTV logo.

4 hours ago, JCB4TV said:

It appears from the image, KFSM will be getting Tribune's CBS graphics... for now.

Fixed. And given how quickly Tegna dropped the Raycom graphics package on both WTOL and KWES I expect Tegna to be just as quick with the graphics transition on the stations coming from both Tribune and Nexstar respectively (albeit a bit slower compared to the transition to Tegna graphics we saw with both KWES and WTOL because it involves more stations in the Tribune-Nexstar deal than what they picked up in the Raycom deal)

• 1 month later...

You have to wonder how such a move could have an effect on the employees. 

If they were coming from Fayetteville to Fort Smith, it would be blessing to ease up the commute, and a nightmare for those who live in Fort Smith and now have to drive to Fayetteville.

If they're somewhere in the middle, it's just a route change, give or take a few miles.

I can see why they're moving up north, the momentum is in that part of the market.....much like how Decatur was the hub of North Alabama, then when Redstone and NASA descended on Huntsville, that city grew exponentially.

12 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

You have to wonder how such a move could have an effect on the employees. 

If they were coming from Fayetteville to Fort Smith, it would be blessing to ease up the commute, and a nightmare for those who live in Fort Smith and now have to drive to Fayetteville.

If they're somewhere in the middle, it's just a route change, give or take a few miles.

I can see why they're moving up north, the momentum is in that part of the market.....much like how Decatur was the hub of North Alabama, then when Redstone and NASA descended on Huntsville, that city grew exponentially.

The way they put it they will still have employees at the old studio covering news in Fort Smith but majority of the station will be in Johnson at the new facility I know that one of the anchors and her family moved to Johnson or near Johnson.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:37 PM, JCB4TV said:

It appears from the image, KFSM will be getting Trubine's CBS graphics... for now.

It'll also be interesting to see whether KFSM switches to "Moving Forward" theme music, if "CBS Local" music is going away.  After the Nexstar-Tribune merger is completed and TEGNA takes control of the stations it's acquired, it'd likely be at least 6 months till the TEGNA graphics and "C Clarity" music is implemented.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, atlnewsfan03 said:

It'll also be interesting to see whether KFSM switches to "Moving Forward" theme music, if "CBS Local" music is going away.  After the Nexstar-Tribune merger is completed and TEGNA takes control of the stations it's acquired, it'd likely be at least 6 months till the TEGNA graphics and "C Clarity" music is implemented.

It will be very interesting to see it happen. They might be like WREG, where they didn't use "Moving Forward". Instead, they used the theme that they wanted which is called "Pride". Maybe when TEGNA comes in and takes over KFSM (If it ever happens), they will be a "satellite" station of THV11 in Little Rock. I made this small little graphic mock on PowerPoint of what the graphics could possibly look like.

5 NEWS promo.PNG

kfsm_this_morning.PNG

37 minutes ago, EastTennesseeWXGeek said:

It will be very interesting to see it happen. They might be like WREG, where they didn't use "Moving Forward". Instead, they used the theme that they wanted which is called "Pride". Maybe when TEGNA comes in and takes over KFSM (If it ever happens), they will be a "satellite" station of THV11 in Little Rock. I made this small little graphic mock on PowerPoint of what the graphics could possibly look like.

5 NEWS promo.PNG

kfsm_this_morning.PNG

The 2nd image looks absolutely georgeous and that's coming from someone who visits Northwest Arkansas at least once a year. Hopefully they use the one with the Fall colors on it when the Fall comes.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, atlnewsfan03 said:

Sounds like CBS Local has remained. Many cuts are new. This morning I can definitely recognize some of the cuts of CBS Local. 

21 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Admittedly, the new logo would fit in well with the Tegna graphics as well, and I do think the second graphic would look great.

While I was making it, it reminded me of a thick version of the KENS 5 logo that they have on their social media platforms - or even just on TV.

kens 5 logo.PNG

kfsm logo.PNG

Archived