Diana Williams Retiring this Fall

IceManNYR

15 minutes ago, nydem2015 said:

Diana Williams is one of a kind. 

Now it will be interesting to see who her replacement will be.

Look for Joe to move to 5pm and Mike Marza to replace Joe on weekend evenings. 

I thought in a few years. I suppose. I think Joe, Sandra, Bill, David, Liz, Rob And Michelle are all possibilities. I don’t think it will be either morning anchor. Now it makes sense why they wanted to get Sam Champion back.

I wonder if they’ll give David the 5 and put Joe at 4? Or if they’ll “test” teams and make more than one move.. 

By the way.. I started at thread on this (felt it needed it) maybe admin can merge into one thread? 

4 hours ago, nynewsguy said:

Look for Joe to move to 5pm and Mike Marza to replace Joe on weekend evenings. 

Another great call! 

Will so miss Diana. Irreplaceable, even though Bill will be taking her chair on the 5pm. I wish her so much happiness. 

I'll be happy to say that Diana will be retiring this fall, after a 40-year career in the television news, including 29 years at WABC-TV.

Not only Diana's retiring from journalism, but Jim Hoffer is also retiring from journalism.

7 minutes ago, 24994J said:

That doesn't seem like an effective succession plan, installing the nearly-70 year old on a third newscast.

I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, moving Shirleen off the morning shift, keeping her at Noon and adding the 5 to her anchoring duties wouldn't be the craziest idea in the world, IMO. 

Archived