Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Posted (edited)

Nexstar is bringing a new look to Northwest Arkansas and the River Valley!  Tonight is the last night on the existing set that has been in place since 2012. 

Edited by Pine Belt Media
Edit
  • Like 1

Their temporary set is in what we’ll call “studio B” where Good Day NWA and Pig Trail Nation are both broadcasted from. Both studios are fairly small. You can see the red sports background partially hidden by the blue panels they have up. 

BA5DC5B3-93A3-4207-831B-6E79C31D2F9A.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pine Belt Media said:

Their temporary set is in what we’ll call “studio B” where Good Day NWA and Pig Trail Nation are both broadcasted from. Both studios are fairly small. You can see the red sports background partially hidden by the blue panels they have up. 

BA5DC5B3-93A3-4207-831B-6E79C31D2F9A.png

Already better than what they had.  See Nexstar, it doesn't take much for something nice to happen.  I hope that WBRE will get a new set soon as well.

-- Matt

Love the darker look. It's really cool. Great lighting, too.

40 minutes ago, Pine Belt Media said:

Here’s a photo of the anchor desk area. 

7A442125-8215-4F14-B201-6322020B4111.jpeg

No Dalek desk! Halleluia!

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Ugh. FX written all over it!

This was not an FX job. Nexstar (for the most part) uses only one set designer (Lance Schroeder) for all of their builds, which are largely fabricated in-house and often with the help of local contractors.

Posted (edited)

I’m certain this is the first time I’ve seen a news set completely wrap around the studio. With no space unused.  This is a small studio and the last set was not built well into the space available. Here’s a video of the complete set compared to the old set. I’m super impressed how that support beam was used to be a video monitor/column. 

NEW: 

OLD

Edited by Pine Belt Media

1 hour ago, Pine Belt Media said:

I’m certain this is the first time I’ve seen a news set completely wrap around the studio. With no space unused.  This is a small studio and the last set was not built well into the space available. Here’s a video of the complete set compared to the old set. I’m super impressed how that support beam was used to be a video monitor/column. 

NEW: 

OLD

Reminds me of KARK/KLRT. Not too bad!

Posted (edited)

That's pretty cool that they have 2 separate sets for 2 stations all in 1 studio. most stations only use 1 set i think.

Edited by Darius22