CBS This Morning CTM new graphics

Media_1904

• Media_1904 changed the title to CBS This Morning CTM new graphics
1 hour ago, SFTV said:

Did they also get rid of the table extensions or do they only add the 3 piece when there is a guest?

It looks like it.   It appears they carpeted 2/3 of the circle on the backside of where the three of them and guests sit.  It looks a bit odd where the carpet or padding wasn’t continued around the front.  But of course they could be leaving it incase they want to add two wings. 

On 5/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, sfomspphl said:

Looks...newspapery. It's very legible though. 

Yeah.. it does. I like the color combination and the overall softer feel/look of it. The ticker font could be a couple of shades darker however.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, SFTV said:

Did they also get rid of the table extensions or do they only add the 3 piece when there is a guest?

I know that the wooden panels on the floor are what are pulled up to put the desk wings into place.  I assume there's electrical connections or uplighting underneath for the wings. They may no longer use them except for guest segments. They're removed completely for the Evening News.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, SFTV said:

On CBS This Morning Saturday, they still use the table extensions.

• 3 weeks later...

Which brings the question: with them using a “classic” font (Franklin Gothic - or one of its derivatives), are we going to start seeing more?

i personally am a big fan of Univers Condensed Bold Oblique in newscasts (like WBZ was using in Nov. ’92), though in HD, you could easily use the non-bolded variant.

59A2A99E-7C66-4D2C-A7DC-AF06E5EE54D9.jpeg

EB44A891-615F-4824-BB57-960CC8C752E9.jpeg

Archived