Peter Daut Out at KCBS/KCAL

I'll start off by saying that there's sometimes more to the story and that this is perhaps an exaggeration from one side.  However, if the truth is anywhere close to this, that's awful.  Businesses make personnel decisions for a variety of reasons but there's no reason to treat someone almost like a criminal like that.  Be an adult and let the person know that he or she has been let go.

5 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

I'll start off by saying that there's sometimes more to the story and that this is perhaps an exaggeration from one side.  However, if the truth is anywhere close to this, that's awful.  Businesses make personnel decisions for a variety of reasons but there's no reason to treat someone almost like a criminal like that.  Be an adult and let the person know that he or she has been let go.

You’re right and I’ve been kind of thinking about this. CBS just had him on a national platform, co-hosting The Talk literally days ago. If his contract was up in September, I’m sure CBS has been in talks with him.  Maybe he was playing hardball, and they said ciao. Some folks who’ve recently left the duopoly have said CBS isn’t offering more money with contract extensions/renewals. Perhaps he’s already got a gig lined up and CBS knows; that’s the only circumstance I can see them cutting Peter off they way they did. 

Man i hope Peter ends up somewhere better with a good gig lined up but whatever reason for his term was not cool on cbs part. i had the pleasure working with him at WSOC before we both left to come to cali me being in SD back in 2014

• 2 months later...

Before KCBS got rid of Peter, his co-anchor had been acting very strangely on air.  She seemed withdrawn.  After Peter was eliminated, she changed her demeanor 180 degrees and was much more lively.  I wonder if she knew what was about to happen to Peter or if she had personal issues with Peter. 

• 6 months later...

Well Peter has landed at KESQ which serves the Coachella Valey. It is great to have him here. He is a true professional. Usually we get young kids who come here for their first on air job.

Archived