Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
bogusabc7breakingnews

Peter Daut Out at KCBS/KCAL

I'll start off by saying that there's sometimes more to the story and that this is perhaps an exaggeration from one side.  However, if the truth is anywhere close to this, that's awful.  Businesses make personnel decisions for a variety of reasons but there's no reason to treat someone almost like a criminal like that.  Be an adult and let the person know that he or she has been let go.

• Like 2

Maybe it’s retaliation for a letter he and almost every other on air talent signed to SAG/AFTRA for help?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

I'll start off by saying that there's sometimes more to the story and that this is perhaps an exaggeration from one side.  However, if the truth is anywhere close to this, that's awful.  Businesses make personnel decisions for a variety of reasons but there's no reason to treat someone almost like a criminal like that.  Be an adult and let the person know that he or she has been let go.

You’re right and I’ve been kind of thinking about this. CBS just had him on a national platform, co-hosting The Talk literally days ago. If his contract was up in September, I’m sure CBS has been in talks with him.  Maybe he was playing hardball, and they said ciao. Some folks who’ve recently left the duopoly have said CBS isn’t offering more money with contract extensions/renewals. Perhaps he’s already got a gig lined up and CBS knows; that’s the only circumstance I can see them cutting Peter off they way they did. 

Holy shit, talk about blowing up a station as bad as Finestone/Mauldin have blown up Channel 2 and 9. Utterly ridiculous.

Man i hope Peter ends up somewhere better with a good gig lined up but whatever reason for his term was not cool on cbs part. i had the pleasure working with him at WSOC before we both left to come to cali me being in SD back in 2014

Crappy for Daut. I remember his tenure at KDFW. He'll get back on his feet soon.