Standard Media buying Citadel stations

elopez09227

1 hour ago, MidwestTV said:

KOLN benefits from being owned by a large corporation in Gray and being like twice as old as KLKN. They're dominant, but not necessarily quality.

I don't think it was so much resistance as it was an inability to carry out things the way they wanted them done.

Regarding audio, the facilities and equipment at both stations are nothing stellar. They use BroadcastPix as their switcher. Audio at KLKN is also poor.

In all likelihood, you are right.    I'm sure they did the best they could under the circumstances.

Another thing about the quality: is it just me, or does the picture quality (especially at WLNE) seem a bit...fuzzy? 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/18/2019 at 7:39 PM, oknewsguy said:

So who could WLNE become? The East Coast version of KELO? You may be right though on KLKN becoming the next KELO

I doubt WLNE becoming successful as Sinclair (WJAR) & Nexstar (WPRI) will have something to say about it.

It might be time to make an individual thread for Standard Media. They just bought nine TV stations.

WGBC (Fox/NBC Meridian, MS)

WHPM (Fox, Hattiesburg, MS)

WNBJ (NBC/CW Jackson, TN)

WPBI (Fox/NBC Lafayette, IN)

WPBY (ABC Lafayette, IN)

WYD

WJKP (MyNetwork Corning, NY)

KJNB/KNJE (Fox/CBS Jonesboro, AR)

14 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

It might be time to make an individual thread for Standard Media. They just bought nine TV stations.

WGBC (Fox/NBC Meridian, MS)

WHPM (Fox, Hattiesburg, MS)

WNBJ (NBC/CW Jackson, TN)

WPBI (Fox/NBC Lafayette, IN)

WPBY (ABC Lafayette, IN)

WYDC/WJKP (MyNetwork Corning, NY)

KJNB/KNJE (Fox/CBS Jonesboro, AR)

So the stations that Waypoint had a hand in, less WBGT in the Rochester market.

3 minutes ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

I looked for WYD on Google and can't find where it is located. By the way, I think it is a great idea, because it would be a good place to talk about Standard Media.

WYDC, the Fox station in the Elmira market.

• 1 month later...

Archived