The New Court TV

Action Newsroom

Court TV Launched at 11:59AM this morning in Denver KWGN 2.2   This TV has moved to KCDO 10.2 over the air.

However 2.2 is currently a black screen with audio from Court TV it has been this way since the launch this morning, so far I haven't heard back from KWGN about that.

I Re-scanned and still a black screen.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, DENDude said:

Court TV Launched at 11:59AM this morning in Denver KWGN 2.2   This TV has moved to KCDO 10.2 over the air.

However 2.2 is currently a black screen with audio from Court TV it has been this way since the launch this morning, so far I haven't heard back from KWGN about that.

I Re-scanned and still a black screen.

Million dollar question: Why isn't it on KMGH? Unless Nexstar came to Katz with a boatload of cash.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:27 PM, NEOMatrix said:

Million dollar question: Why isn't it on KMGH? Unless Nexstar came to Katz with a boatload of cash.

I find that rather odd also, considering that KMGH still has a blank 7-3 over the air named Soon which I thought was going to eventually be Court TV.  What's even weirder is that there is they are airing Court TV Mystery on 7-2 which appears to be a rebrand of the Escape network as I noticed KCEC 14-4 which also aired Escape is Court TV Mystery as well, it would make sense that two Court TV networks would probably desire the same channel or duopoly.  Maybe they anticipated getting Court TV and that fell through or I don't know what else KMGH is expecting to fill 7-3 with.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:35 PM, T.L. Hughes said:

I can only assume that Nexstar opted against acquiring Tribune's interest in This TV as part of the purchase agreement, otherwise they wouldn't be dropping the network from their stations. At this rate, MGM would be better off hooking back up with Weigel and cutting a deal with that company and Fox Television Stations to merge most of This TV's programming assets (with or, more aptly, without the older series like In the Heat of the Night, Rat Patrol and The Patty Duke Show) onto and acquiring a stake in Movies! The added library content might help with extending that network's distribution into markets (like Oklahoma City) that don't have an affiliate, full-power or at all, else-wise This might end up going the way of The Works.

Looks like MGM "might" be doing it alone.

logo.png

They've relaunched the This TV website, with a page of the new affiliates after being displaced from the former Trib outlets.

I do agree with you. Weigel should've reacquired This TV (since they'd launched it with MGM over a decade ago). It would've been better channel placement in Chicago than the place of a LP station that's on a hard-to-reach VHF frequency.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, T.L. Hughes said:

I can only assume that Nexstar opted against acquiring Tribune's interest in This TV as part of the purchase agreement, otherwise they wouldn't be dropping the network from their stations. At this rate, MGM would be better off hooking back up with Weigel and cutting a deal with that company and Fox Television Stations to merge most of This TV's programming assets (with or, more aptly, without the older series like In the Heat of the Night, Rat Patrol and The Patty Duke Show) onto and acquiring a stake in Movies! The added library content might help with extending that network's distribution into markets (like Oklahoma City) that don't have an affiliate, full-power or at all, else-wise This might end up going the way of The Works.

ThisTV will go the way of The Tube, Tuff TV, and The Cool TV soon. It will be a sad day when they shut down because they were the first professional-looking diginet with "retro" content. Right now, the MGM content is pretty much duplicated on other diginets in which MGM has a programming and distribution say (Comet, Charge!, Light), and they're still in 4:3 standard definition.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived