Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

16 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I didn't watch Court TV the first time not really into trials murders etc. I may watch that Closing Arguments show parts of the show anyways maybe some of the shows on crimes that they got from Turner I hope that they don't air Forensic Files as that is on everywhere HLN should just be renamed Forensic Files since that is all they air truth be told. Surprised when HLN aired Court Trials they didn't just rebrand it the new Court TV.

Never watched This TV all that much time to let it die as Tribune made it an afterthought once they bought a stake in the network it's just running clock now for that network.

PLEASE learn to use commas and periods.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

The Viacom-owned free (for now, anyway) streaming service Pluto TV already carries a number of diginets; I wonder if Court TV will join the lineup eventually. It could help with distribution in areas where a number of these diginets don't have wide distribution.

Edited by newsbot

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 11:46 PM, Megatron81 said:

Never watched This TV all that much time to let it die as Tribune made it an afterthought once they bought a stake in the network it's just running clock now for that network.

I never watched it either. I'm surprised This TV didn't move to WTVR (it IS owned by Tribune; heck, sister station WTKR in Norfolk has it on 3.2) after being on MyNetworkTV affiliate WRLH-DT2 from 2008 to 2017.

Edited by tw-804
  • Like 1

Just a reminder no lists, discuss Court TV but please don’t list every affiliate it’s singing on. We know it’s going on Scripps and Tribune stations which covers a significant part of the country. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, David Salter JR said:

I don't see this re-incarnation of court tv lasting long unless there is another trial of the century

You mean like the Harvey Weinstein trial? Or how about the Supreme Court's antitrust suit agains Apple? Hell. I've been following a pretty small lawsuit with an online presence that nevertheless makes me want to look in for myself should it actually go to court. If you ask me, Court TV couldn't have come back at a better time.

• Like 4

Wasn't Katz also planning on utilizing their library of true-crime documentaries?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MadMan400096 said:

You mean like the Harvey Weinstein trial? Or how about the Supreme Court's antitrust suit agains Apple? Hell. I've been following a pretty small lawsuit with an online presence that nevertheless makes me want to look in for myself should it actually go to court. If you ask me, Court TV couldn't have come back at a better time.

Sadly most of their coverage will be the overhyped circuit court murder cases that are the Today/GMA 7:30 block's bread and butter. Those two are federal trials and the Supreme Court and other federal courts are content to refuse video of those proceedings.

I think all cameras should be in every courtroom just my opinion. I wonder what Court TV airs on the weekend crime doc's they got from Turner?

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, MadMan400096 said:

And they plan to show the Kellen Winslow trial starting Monday. It's no O.J., but it's an NFL player.

The next "trial of the century" could be just around the corner.

Edited by TVIntheDesert

Saw something interesting on WKBW's feed (on SiMeTV)...

They are promoting CourtTV and tagging the promo directing viewers to watch it on Channel 4.2 (which is Nexstar-owned WIVB)

Are there any other markets where the Scripps station is directing viewers to a competing station that has the subchannel on it?

At least they're being discrete about it...

Edited by tyrannical bastard