The New Court TV

Action Newsroom

16 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I didn't watch Court TV the first time not really into trials murders etc. I may watch that Closing Arguments show parts of the show anyways maybe some of the shows on crimes that they got from Turner I hope that they don't air Forensic Files as that is on everywhere HLN should just be renamed Forensic Files since that is all they air truth be told. Surprised when HLN aired Court Trials they didn't just rebrand it the new Court TV.

Never watched This TV all that much time to let it die as Tribune made it an afterthought once they bought a stake in the network it's just running clock now for that network.

PLEASE learn to use commas and periods.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Viacom-owned free (for now, anyway) streaming service Pluto TV already carries a number of diginets; I wonder if Court TV will join the lineup eventually. It could help with distribution in areas where a number of these diginets don't have wide distribution.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:46 PM, Megatron81 said:

Never watched This TV all that much time to let it die as Tribune made it an afterthought once they bought a stake in the network it's just running clock now for that network.

I never watched it either. I'm surprised This TV didn't move to WTVR (it IS owned by Tribune; heck, sister station WTKR in Norfolk has it on 3.2) after being on MyNetworkTV affiliate WRLH-DT2 from 2008 to 2017.

Just a reminder no lists, discuss Court TV but please don’t list every affiliate it’s singing on. We know it’s going on Scripps and Tribune stations which covers a significant part of the country. 

18 hours ago, David Salter JR said:

I don't see this re-incarnation of court tv lasting long unless there is another trial of the century

You mean like the Harvey Weinstein trial? Or how about the Supreme Court's antitrust suit agains Apple? Hell. I've been following a pretty small lawsuit with an online presence that nevertheless makes me want to look in for myself should it actually go to court. If you ask me, Court TV couldn't have come back at a better time.

49 minutes ago, MadMan400096 said:

You mean like the Harvey Weinstein trial? Or how about the Supreme Court's antitrust suit agains Apple? Hell. I've been following a pretty small lawsuit with an online presence that nevertheless makes me want to look in for myself should it actually go to court. If you ask me, Court TV couldn't have come back at a better time.

Sadly most of their coverage will be the overhyped circuit court murder cases that are the Today/GMA 7:30 block's bread and butter. Those two are federal trials and the Supreme Court and other federal courts are content to refuse video of those proceedings.

17 hours ago, MadMan400096 said:

And they plan to show the Kellen Winslow trial starting Monday. It's no O.J., but it's an NFL player.

The next "trial of the century" could be just around the corner.

Saw something interesting on WKBW's feed (on SiMeTV)...

They are promoting CourtTV and tagging the promo directing viewers to watch it on Channel 4.2 (which is Nexstar-owned WIVB)

Are there any other markets where the Scripps station is directing viewers to a competing station that has the subchannel on it?

At least they're being discrete about it...

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda surprised that Court TV isn't using any of the library that has over 100K hours on the weekends that Katz & Scripps got from Turner and just air court trials from the past week. I would think airing more content would get more viewers to the network just saying is all as I saw the schedule online.

13 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

Kinda surprised that Court TV isn't using any of the library that has over 100K hours on the weekends that Katz & Scripps got from Turner and just air court trials from the past week. I would think airing more content would get more viewers to the network just saying is all as I saw the schedule online.

They will need to convert it to digital because many of those court hours are on tape. You also need to re-time and add new in's and outs, along with all the new production elements.

Honestly...

Unless you are a super hard-core court watcher there is really not much viewer interest in viewing entire trials over again. We already know how they end, and many of the better trials would have to be updated with appeal decisions and all the other crap that can happen after the trial closes.

And all that work will take people...and people cost money.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Megatron81 said:

Court TV will air a 37-part Doc on the OJ Simpson Trial -- what happened behind the scenes that no one have heard before. An original doc, OJ 25 makes its debut in January 2020.

Fixed and...

https://www.thewrap.com/oj-simpson-murder-trial-docuseries-court-tv-original-programming/

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Megatron81 said:

I saw a couple of weeks ago that Court TV airs FBI Files & Forensic Files on the weekends now saw it on one of those TV guides on the web.

I was all excited after finding out that BBC America is on my cable tier now. That is, until I found out that there is very little "BBC" about BBC America. It's all mostly the same crap you see on all the other AMC-Affiliated channels. They seem to air something on one channel, then cycle it over to one of their other channels, and then over to another, and then over to BBC. WTF?

This is what is going to happen to Court TV, I predict. 

14 hours ago, DirtyHarry said:

I was all excited after finding out that BBC America is on my cable tier now. That is, until I found out that there is very little "BBC" about BBC America. It's all mostly the same crap you see on all the other AMC-Affiliated channels. They seem to air something on one channel, then cycle it over to one of their other channels, and then over to another, and then over to BBC. WTF?

This is what is going to happen to Court TV, I predict. 

Honestly, I think this is more meant to fill out time on the weekends when the courts are closed than anything else.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Court TV is now live OTA in Chicago on 9.3, displacing This TV.

Today's the day it expands its reach to the former Trib outlets, including WPIX & KTLA.

WSFL-DT4 also have replaced ThisTV with CourtTV. 

Don't know where ThisTV will be over here tho

11 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Court TV is now live OTA in Chicago on 9.3, displacing This TV.

Today's the day it expands its reach to the former Trib outlets, including WPIX & KTLA.

I can only assume that Nexstar opted against acquiring Tribune's interest in This TV as part of the purchase agreement, otherwise they wouldn't be dropping the network from their stations. At this rate, MGM would be better off hooking back up with Weigel and cutting a deal with that company and Fox Television Stations to merge most of This TV's programming assets (with or, more aptly, without the older series like In the Heat of the Night, Rat Patrol and The Patty Duke Show) onto and acquiring a stake in Movies! The added library content might help with extending that network's distribution into markets (like Oklahoma City) that don't have an affiliate, full-power or at all, else-wise This might end up going the way of The Works.

Archived