XFL strikes deals with Fox, ESPN/ABC

Georgie56

Interesting. Just on carriage alone this looks more promising than the AAF. I'm surprised that the championship is airing on ESPN and not on ABC/FOX. I think the AAF championship would have aired on CBS proper.

19 hours ago, hfiles said:

Interesting. Just on carriage alone this looks more promising than the AAF. I'm surprised that the championship is airing on ESPN and not on ABC/FOX. I think the AAF championship would have aired on CBS proper.

This will probably go to ABC.

Also, it kind of gives a nice insight since they start adding Thursday night games for the week of Wrestlemania so you can now definitely see some heavy promotion of those games and to think that on two nights a week, FOX will be owned by McMahon himself. Geez what an alternate reality that were living in.

16 hours ago, TVLurker said:

Wait... Did ESPN just take a chance on a fake sport that failed in 1999?

WTF?

There wasn't anything "fake" about the XFL. It was a real football league, with real football games. The XFL was just a case of style over substance. It had too much of WWE's "style" surrounding what was rather mediocre (at best) football.

Supposedly, the new XFL won't have the WWE trappings surrounding it, but I don't know if they'll be able to address the mediocre football. The AAF sure couldn't.

1 minute ago, LoadStar said:

There wasn't anything "fake" about the XFL. It was a real football league, with real football games. The XFL was just a case of style over substance. It had too much of WWE's "style" surrounding what was rather mediocre (at best) football.

Supposedly, the new XFL won't have the WWE trappings surrounding it, but I don't know if they'll be able to address the mediocre football. The AAF sure couldn't.

Anybody remember the time when the XFL had a dream sequence about a ladies locker room? Boy I sure hope they don't repeat that again!

XFL is only getting a second chance because of the Trump era, it's going to be style over substance all over again. McMahn won't learn his lesson.

• 5 months later...

ESPN has set their A broadcast team for the XFL: Steve Levy, Greg McElroy, and Tom Luginbill.

Their B team will be Tom Hart, Joey Galloway, and Pat McAfee.

Dianna Russini will be a reporter on select broadcasts.

Fox's A team will be Curt Menefee and Joel Klatt.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espns-top-xfl-broadcast-team-will-actually-be-steve-levy-and-greg-mcelroy.html

9 hours ago, bhratbrat said:

So the B team with Pat McAfee. Very interesting and also to think he is a WWE employee with him showing up on NXT (and for the watch alongs during the PPV's)

McAfee was a former NFL kicker for the Indianapolis Colts, and has done some college football analysis for both Fox and ESPN, so bringing him on board to do XFL analysis in addition to his current work in radio, on ESPN, and in the WWE just made perfect sense.

Archived