Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Georgie56

Sinclair Apparent Winner of Fox Sports Networks

Wow (if confirmed).

I didn't think Sinclair would have it in them to buy all these regionals, but then again they have the money to be gobble up all those stations, and did have the balls to start a short-lived kids cartoon block, so that's that I guess.

Maybe they can rebrand them as "Marquee" or "Stadium (insert city here)" to expand either brand throughout regionals (again if confirmed).

We'll see.

17 minutes ago, Eyewitness News-man said:

Wow (if confirmed).

I didn't think Sinclair would have it in them to buy all these regionals, but then again they have the money to be gobble up all those stations, and did have the balls to start a short-lived kids cartoon block, so that's that I guess.

Maybe they can rebrand them as "Marquee" or "Stadium (insert city here)" to expand either brand throughout regionals (again if confirmed).

We'll see.

Also, you'd have programming via Stadium and potentially the Tennis Channel that could air on the RSNs we should hear more about it today if not, by next week but this saga of the whole Fox RSN sale process is about to be totally done with (it would be up to Delhrim to decide he'll allow Sinclair to run the RSNs alongside the TV stations or not)

I know they may be perfect to own them but why does Sinclair have to own everything? I don't like supporting Trump businesses.

As much I don't care for Sinclair's politics and How it does business. Their Sports Coverage has been really well done and better then FOX has done of the last couple of years. Stadium is very serviceable as a brand and this now makes it better with local teams and brands as well. Maybe this will force Sinclair to actually invest in Sports Departments in general as connecting it with Stadium will now give them the reach to compete with ESPN.

I know speculation and wishing, Sinclair and These RSN could be big deals if Sinclair does it right!

I wouldn't be surprised if the same consumer advocacy groups that opposed the Tribune deal opposes this one as well (even though they'll be hypocrites because they were basically silent when Sinclair reached a deal to acquire a minority stake in YES and announced the launch of Marquee with the Cubs

What's going to be interesting also is how does the DOJ feel about Sinclair even though they are buying cable channels and not TV stations and how much will Byron Allen have an influence on programming on the RSNs over Sinclair.

11 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

The FCC and DOJ are irrelevant here since cable doesn't fall in their jurisdiction?

You're right about the FCC having no jurisdiction over the cable channels but the DOJ however, does (hence why they stepped in on the RSNs when they approved the Disney-Fox merger)

17 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

The FCC and DOJ are irrelevant here since cable doesn't fall in their jurisdiction?

The FCC could be if they have uplink trucks and earth stations. When CNN/Time Warner was bought by AT&T they sold all their earth stations and mobile trucks (but permanently leased them back) specifically to avoid any FCC intervention. 

Posted (edited)

New tidbits not mentioned here:

New owner is called Diamond Sports Group (perhaps they might be rebranding FSN with some sort of Diamond-based name? A diamond is a type of Stadium), and Entertainment Studios has an equity stake as a "content partner".

Bryon Allen has been hitting some unexpected home runs recently.

Edited by Viper550

27 minutes ago, Viper550 said:

New tidbits not mentioned here:

New owner is called Diamond Sports Group (perhaps they might be rebranding FSN with some sort of Diamond-based name? A diamond is a type of Stadium), and Entertainment Studios has an equity stake as a "content partner".

Bryon Allen has been hitting some unexpected home runs recently.

Your link is redirecting me to the Nostalgia subreddit.