The Bally Sports Thread

Georgie56

Bally Sports is live! A few affiliates have started showing this new On-Air logo bug. Looks like the new game time logo bug will keep the same similar look with the team logo next to the network logo.  I guess they are going to use the "B" a lot more often than just Bally Sports text. I kinda like it with the red shade. It helps the logo look more visible so it doesn't blend in with the ice for hockey games.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 3.55.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 3.56.39 AM.png

Edited by CTrey98

5 minutes ago, CTrey98 said:

Bally Sports is live! A few affiliates have started showing this new On-Air logo bug. Looks like the new game time logo bug will keep the same similar look with the team logo next to the network logo.  I guess they are going to use the "B" a lot more often than just Bally Sports text. I kinda like it with the red shade. It helps the logo look more visible so it doesn't blend in with the ice for hockey games.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 3.55.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 3.56.39 AM.png

Bally Sports South’s first program was technically  a Stars-Predators replay so it still had the old graphics and BSSE had Hawks at Suns at 10 so technically that game started on FSSE and ended on BSSE! 🤣

YES Network who is now affiliated with Bally Sports debuted this new ticker today. YES Network has still used the same ticker as FOX Sports with a different font until now. Could this be the official new ticker for the Bally RSNs?

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 2.45.28 PM.png

It now appears that the "negative" space on the score bug will be the ticker. I also believe that the score bug will be on the bottom for MLB & NBA and the top for NHL & MLS.

Oh, it's game time, the app hasn't updated.

4 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Here's intro to the Miami Heat pregame on Bally Sports Sun.

Too much sound effects. That's all I hear, I barely hear any music.

If that's what they use for all the regions for the NBA theme, it'll be a major downgrade from the FOX Sports NBA theme.

Edited by LoadStar

1 hour ago, LoadStar said:

Too much sound effects. That's all I hear, I barely hear any music.

If that's what they use for all the regions for the NBA theme, it'll be a major downgrade from the FOX Sports NBA theme.

There's also nothing special about the graphics tied to either the team or the sport. There is nothing in the open showing the Heat logo and you see the words "baseball", "hockey", and "basketball" displayed; along with things like a baseball diamond, a basketball court, and a what appears to be hockey rink faceoff circles.......this leads me to suspect that this is the generic open and theme to be used for all teams and sports. Which, if correct, is a major downgrade from the NBA, MLB, and NHL themes FSN used and also much blander than the custom team opens that FSN used as well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, atlnews2 said:

Spurs open is the exact same as the Heat open. Again giving more credence to my suspicion that this is going to be the generic open for all sports coverage regardless of team and sport

Because Bally wants its brand to be the center of attention. It doesn't want to be overshadowed by the team. This is what happens when a company sells the naming rights to the network.

4 hours ago, ScottJ said:

Because Bally wants its brand to be the center of attention. It doesn't want to be overshadowed by the team. This is what happens when a company sells the naming rights to the network.

Yeh I think the idea behind this is to mainly get viewers to notice the Bally Sports name. It's a brand new sports media brand entirely so it's important to get it out there as best as possible in it's first few months on the air. I think there are plans to eventually go back to different graphic packages for each sport at some point down the line. They also put these graphics together within months which is not easy to pull off. Most networks take years to do graphics like this. I think once they have more time, they will introduce more new graphics exclusive for each sport.

Edited by CTrey98

5 minutes ago, CTrey98 said:

The logo bug for Baseball looks a little different. They do not use the team logos. Instead, they are using the Bally's logo by itself.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.18.51 AM.png

This is probably the Brewers crew as I don't think RSN announcers are still allowed to travel with the teams on the road as of yet.

20 minutes ago, dman748 said:

This is probably the Brewers crew as I don't think RSN announcers are still allowed to travel with the teams on the road as of yet.

Correct, this is the "Brewers Live" (pregame/postgame) team of Craig Coshun on the left, and Tim Dillard (new to the team) on the right.

19 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

I wonder what MLBN and NHLN are going to do when they take a simulcast from a BSN. Because this...isn't going to work.

20210401_143431.jpg

Dump the ticker entirely,  or just use a blank logo entirely, just like ESPN used to do for live sports except for the 15/58 hourly updates.

16 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

Dump the ticker entirely,  or just use a blank logo entirely, just like ESPN used to do for live sports except for the 15/58 hourly updates.

It should be fairly easy for them to just program in a slight vertical squeeze, a vertical shift up, or a combination of both for the Bally Sports feeds to get them to fit in above the ticker. They'll fix it, they probably just didn't get a heads-up on the graphics redesign to know that they'd have to do that.

• Like 1

Having the generic open for all teams seems to be part of Sinclair's strategy to homogenize the RSNs.

In some ways, Sinclair plans to nationalize its RSN operations. “We are a company of scale. In the past, these have been treated as one-offs. We look at it as a whole ecosystem,” Weisbord said.

The article also mentions the possibility of adding national programming to the RSNs.

16 minutes ago, ScottJ said:

Having the generic open for all teams seems to be part of Sinclair's strategy to homogenize the RSNs.

The article also mentions the possibility of adding national programming to the RSNs.

As I posted before, that Big Opening Day special yesterday felt like a test for a Sportscenter-type show they may be planning for sometime in the future. 

This strategy would also harken back to the early days of Fox Sports Net.

Edited by Georgie56

• Georgie56 changed the title to The Bally Sports Thread