WXTV Univision 41's new set!

PBC5NewsUnova

Here's the brand new Pulso designed set for WXTV Noticias Univision 41. This is possibly the first Univision O&O to receive a brand new set after the logo redesign.

Like the many other Univision stations with the Pulso-designed set, this set features a big video wall. A unique feature of this set is the anchor desk, It's right at the center, plus it's standee only. This set just feels bigger than it should.
My opinion: It's amazing! Easily my favorite out of all the Pulso designed Univision O&O sets.

More info here: https://www.newscaststudio.com/2019/04/24/wxtv-univision-41-new-set/

wxtv-new-set.jpg

UPDATE: WXTV also has a new graphics package as well and should be seeing the new look rolling out for Univision O&O stations in the future.

I like the desk for its uniqueness. Could stand a few adjustments in my opinion but otherwise it's a fresh take.

Overall I like it. My only gripe is I wish they had used a seamless LED wall rather than individual monitors. Kind of a bubble effect going on with them, especially  where that flood light is shining.

1 minute ago, MidwestTV said:

I like the desk for its uniqueness. Could stand a few adjustments in my opinion but otherwise it's a fresh take.

Overall I like it. My only gripe is I wish they had used a seamless LED wall rather than individual monitors. Kind of a bubble effect going on with them, especially  where that flood light is shining.

The price of seamless LED walls has dropped so dramatically the past few years, it's foolish to build a set with monitor walls like this - you're already building a set that will look dated.

Outside of that, it's pretty traditional, but it's not bad. 

I feel proud for my hometown Univision station to not only get a pretty sleek news set, but becoming the very first Univision station to adapt the new 2019 Univision news graphics package.

I do say the graphics are a little rough around the edges.

Also, they're still using the 2010 Univision music package. I do believe it'll be replaced soon.

So WXTV finally been using the 11PM news open music from the 2010 news package for the first time. Also, the anchors are behind the screen outside the 6PM newscast, which reminds me of the first Teaneck set where they use the city backdrop outside the 6PM newscasts.

4 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

My only gripe is I wish they had used a seamless LED wall rather than individual monitors. Kind of a bubble effect going on with them, especially  where that flood light is shining.

Wild guess..but maybe they went in this direction on purpose? If you notice, the vertical black line(s) from the monitors match up with the vertical line(s) on the catwalk. It could just be a coincidence, but that jumped out to me.

Archived