who?cares

Sounds like Moving Forward got an update though, which sounds excellent since that package was starting to sound really dated.

It's not terrible but it could be executed a lot better. The Your News. Now. slogan is not very original like Indiana's Very Own but at least gets them ready should Gray end up buying the station (a lot of ex-Raycom stations use that slogan).

The graphics are pretty bad though compared to what they had, but I will say they were due for a refresh. I just had hoped their refresh would have been better executed.

So here's how they seem to fair, at least to me on an A to F scale:

- Music: A- (A very solid update it seems to the dated Moving Forward package)

- Slogan: C+ (It's not the best slogan out there and is not memorable or original)

- Graphics: D- (I mean this is just a what the f were they thinking, but I'll give them credit for keeping the same logo and color scheme.)

It looks to me like they're trying to go for a more mobilized look and maybe borrow some ideas from the TEGNA pre-C Clarity playbook by using the sort of rundown format and having more info on the screen.

28 minutes ago, KentBrockman said:

Sounds like Moving Forward got an update though, which sounds excellent since that package was starting to sound really dated.

It's not terrible but it could be executed a lot better. The Your News. Now. slogan is not very original like Indiana's Very Own but at least gets them ready should Gray end up buying the station (a lot of ex-Raycom stations use that slogan).

The graphics are pretty bad though compared to what they had, but I will say they were due for a refresh. I just had hoped their refresh would have been better executed.

- Slogan: C+ (It's not the best slogan out there and is not memorable or original)

- Graphics: D- (I mean this is just a what the f were they thinking, but I'll give them credit for keeping the same logo and color scheme.)

It looks to me like they're trying to go for a more mobilized look and maybe borrow some ideas from the TEGNA pre-C Clarity playbook by using the sort of rundown format and having more info on the screen.

Indiana’s Very Own was WISH’s slogan in the late 80s. 

1 hour ago, KentBrockman said:

It’s not terrible but it could be executed a lot better. The Your News. Now. slogan is not very original like Indiana's Very Own but at least gets them ready should Gray end up buying the station (a lot of ex-Raycom stations use that slogan).

The slogan isn’t bad to me, it’s just the combination of words are off. Something like..’Your News NOW...CBS 4 News Live @ 5’ would have been better. Plus, dude doesn’t really ‘sell it’ with his v/o. A little too ho hum.

Graphics are very plain, almost as if they decided to only do the bare minimum. 

3 minutes ago, mre29 said:

Aren't the Tribune stations supposed to have some of the best graphic packages? Or is that just for their Fox affiliates?

The Tribune hub puts out pretty decent packages. The problem is their stations still have their own local art departments who can either opt to not use the hub (i.e. WITI's shitty knockoff of KTLA's old package) or completely decimate a Hub package, like we see here.

18 hours ago, Weeters said:

The Tribune hub puts out pretty decent packages. The problem is their stations still have their own local art departments who can either opt to not use the hub (i.e. WITI's shitty knockoff of KTLA's old package) or completely decimate a Hub package, like we see here.

Also see WTIC's most recent graphics. Those were an in-house job there as well (TIC has always loved the FOX searchlights), though it's at least slightly nicer than this!

20 hours ago, KentBrockman said:

18 hours ago, jase said:

The slogan isn’t bad to me, it’s just the combination of words are off. Something like..’Your News NOW...CBS 4 News Live @ 5’ would have been better. Plus, dude doesn’t really ‘sell it’ with his v/o. A little too ho hum.

Graphics are very plain, almost as if they decided to only do the bare minimum. 

Well, "Indiana's Very Own" (which, to respond to who?cares' comment, isn't the same slogan WISH used - WISH's slogan was just "Indiana's Own") technically isn't original either, since it played off WGN's slogan and KTLA and WPIX used the "Very Own" nameplate as well. The "Your News Now" slogan seems like a play off the introduction spiel WTTV has used since shortly after its "in-house" newscasts began: "Your morning news/your news at [time] starts right now."

Sobering hypothesis: The local folks are trying to get a significant piece of their own work together for reels before they're cast off and it's all centralized through Nexstar. Can't say I would blame them.

23 hours ago, mre29 said:

Aren't the Tribune stations supposed to have some of the best graphic packages? Or is that just for their Fox affiliates?

Which Fox stations? Cause most of the former LocalTV Fox affils have homebrew graphics. And then there's WGHP...

On 4/23/2019 at 6:04 AM, who?cares said:

It appears WTTV has dropped most of the elements for an in house look. 

They've also dropped "Indiana's Very Own" as the slogan, and picked up "Your News Now"

1.JPG

ANIMATION.JPG

OTS.JPG

Might as well trot out this old standard.

IMG_1552.JPG

Archived