CBSN Los Angeles

kshow

Nobody will care unless it was a fulltime car chase channel. CBS Los Angeles has the worst app in the market. Anytime a push notification comes, it never redirects to the story. Despite having the best helicopter reporter in L.A., Stu Mundel, their Facebook coverage always is the weakest as far as numbers compared to all other L.A. stations. 

I just discovered this forum and I live in LA so is this close to home.   The Rundown often is pitched for a website referral but still cuts short of being a replacement for the newscasts on air.  When will these stations realize they need to offer more content for viewers to turn away from or reach for more from their broadcast environments?

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 9.22.13 PM.png

On 4/12/2019 at 12:37 AM, CalItalian2 said:

Nobody will care unless it was a fulltime car chase channel. CBS Los Angeles has the worst app in the market. Anytime a push notification comes, it never redirects to the story. Despite having the best helicopter reporter in L.A., Stu Mundel, their Facebook coverage always is the weakest as far as numbers compared to all other L.A. stations. 

Isn't the app all in one? i have to use the same app for CBS Sacramento.

No, the app isn't an all in one. The website, Facebook, Twitter, the app most times have different content for CBS Los Angeles.  Nothing is consistent. What bugs me most about CBS Los Angeles is a habit of posting stories over a day after they happened (either again or for the first time) on Facebook and Twitter and many times they aren't written to reflect that fact.

3 hours ago, CalItalian2 said:

No, the app isn't an all in one. The website, Facebook, Twitter, the app most times have different content for CBS Los Angeles.  Nothing is consistent. What bugs me most about CBS Los Angeles is a habit of posting stories over a day after they happened (either again or for the first time) on Facebook and Twitter and many times they aren't written to reflect that fact.

Can you give an example or screenshot? It’s not uncommon for media organizations to post a story to their social media platforms multiple times over the course of 2-3 days, especially non-breaking news. Not everyone has seen the original post  plus it builds traffic to their website and increases the opportunities for it to be shared across social media. 

18 hours ago, wabceyewitness said:

Can you give an example or screenshot? It’s not uncommon for media organizations to post a story to their social media platforms multiple times over the course of 2-3 days, especially non-breaking news. Not everyone has seen the original post  plus it builds traffic to their website and increases the opportunities for it to be shared across social media. 

Most recent was a story about a 2.9 earthquake in Century City. It happened this past Friday early am. It was posted on CBS LA Facebook again on Saturday but didn't mention the earthquake happened on Friday but still said, as the original story did, this morning. That wasn't correct and it should have been updated. I often post this to their Facebook. This happens frequently with CBS LA stories. 

On 4/17/2019 at 11:55 PM, CalItalian2 said:

Most recent was a story about a 2.9 earthquake in Century City. It happened this past Friday early am. It was posted on CBS LA Facebook again on Saturday but didn't mention the earthquake happened on Friday but still said, as the original story did, this morning. That wasn't correct and it should have been updated. I often post this to their Facebook. This happens frequently with CBS LA stories. 

Gotcha. That is a problem. Sounds like they’re using software to schedule posts but nobody is really monitoring what gets reposted. 

Archived