Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Sign in to follow this  
LiveLocalLateBreaking

CNN's move to Hudson Yards

Here are some pictures of what appears to be CNN's new newsroom set at Hudson Yards. I know I saw on Twitter that the move has begun and everyone will slowly move between now and sometime in May. 

1388026_9_tDxu4lr3tEug-XhbvQveuoXRS9aSIXqJzhgrnYbzI.jpg

1388026_B2tRqvKRY9-pB9g6iADEKFPI9EsjefrQb2SpKqeoX3k.jpg

Funny how CNN started using real newsroom backdrops again when their programming shifted away from doing actual news.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

B

54 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Why does that give me a Sky News vibe of the mid-2000s, but pre-2005?

Because it’s very similar with the monitors in the back and the side.

Not sure why CNN has had and continues to have affinity for these disjointed anchor desks with pieces of un-level, nonuniform glass.

• Like 1

I assume that's supposed to be a newsroom.  Looks more like a small cafeteria with some elements from 1960s game shows.  I was hoping for a more impressive newsroom.

I'm interested to see how many studios they assemble.  Currently there's the newsroom that seems to basically be all flash cams.  There's one for New Day, At This Hour, Erin Burnett Outfront and Cuomo Prime Time.  There's another for AC360.  And there's the one for CNN Tonight.

• Like 2

They certainly went the budget route when it comes to lighting fixtures. The whole set in general looks pretty cheap. The LED floor is a neat idea, but I'm pretty sure panels that look way better are available.

This whole setup looks like it was implemented by a wedding DJ.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Weeters said:

They certainly went the budget route when it comes to lighting fixtures. The whole set in general looks pretty cheap. The LED floor is a neat idea, but I'm pretty sure panels that look way better are available.

This whole setup looks like it was implemented by a wedding DJ.

Isn’t that Jeff Zucker’s MO to do everything on the cheap? Gotta cut costs to keep his paycheck high. 

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Isn’t that Jeff Zucker’s MO to do everything on the cheap? Gotta cut costs to keep his paycheck high. 

If it were 100% up to him, the set would be an off-Broadway black box theater with folding chairs and a Cosco plastic folding table; if you were to blank out all of the television elements, an average person would call it describe this picture as a 'new overly shiny urban McDonalds'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

If it were 100% up to him, the set would be an off-Broadway black box theater with folding chairs and a Cosco plastic folding table; if you were to blank out all of the television elements, an average person would call it describe this picture as a 'new overly shiny urban McDonalds'.

Lest we forget when CNN actually did use a desk purchased from Office Max (according to Newscast Studio).

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2014/04/17/own-cnns-office-max-desk-today/

But in all seriousness, that's probably the most expensive flash camera studio I've ever seen.

• Like 1