WISH adding 4pm Newscast

who?cares

Boy I feel like WISH is growing strong for viewers since splitting from CBS. I really enjoy the way it’s doing and their newly 4 o’clock news will compete against WRTV and WXIN too. Let’s hope it’s a sign of life

6 hours ago, who?cares said:

Not sure how we missed this but WISH-TV will add a 4pm Newscast this fall.

They promise it to be different. 

The addition of the hour-long weekday show will bring the station's weekly news to 75 hours per week.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/local-news/wish-tv-adding-4-pm-newscast-this-fall/1892325975

Interesting 

3 hours ago, JacobC said:

Boy I feel like WISH is growing strong for viewers since splitting from CBS. I really enjoy the way it’s doing and their newly 4 o’clock news will compete against WRTV and WXIN too. Let’s hope it’s a sign of life

Umm... WRTV airs two episodes of Judge Judy at 4:00 p.m. The NOW has since become a half-hour program at 5:30 p.m.

Btw, since the split from CBS in 2015, WISH has done the following:

• Started earlier at 4:00 a.m. and added 8:00-10:00 a.m. weekday morning news.
  • Expanded its noon news to an hour, then moved to 11:00 a.m. (still an hour)
  • Add weeknight news at 6:30 p.m.
  • Move the 10:00 p.m. news to WISH and keep the 11:00 p.m. news while adding Indy Sports TONIGHT at 11:15 p.m.
  • Add 5:30-6:00 a.m. and 9:00-10:00 a.m. weekend morning news.

Now, the hour-long 4:00 p.m. coming in the Fall and WISH is serious about news as a CW station.

Lots of changes they did 

6 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Umm... WRTV airs two episodes of Judge Judy at 4:00 p.m. The NOW has since become a half-hour program at 5:30 p.m.

• Move the 10:00 p.m. news to WISH and keep the 11:00 p.m. news while adding Indy Sports TONIGHT at 11:15 p.m.

Now, the hour-long 4:00 p.m. coming in the Fall and WISH is serious about news as a CW station.

Lots of changes they did over the last few years and I have no problem about their schedule 

On 4/2/2019 at 1:41 PM, TheRolyPoly said:

Roly, do we know for sure what date is the official launch of 24-Hour News 8 @ 4:00? I know it'll be sometime in September but just want to know about which date though

32 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Roly, do we know for sure what date is the official launch of 24-Hour News 8 @ 4:00? I know it'll be sometime in September but just want to know about which date though

First of all, thanks for referring me by my name. I feel like its been forever. Lmao. 😂

Second, I will know just like all of you. I have no idea either but I'm thinking it will be either September 9th or September 16th to coincide with the new TV season. Its usually the second or third week in September when a flood of new local newscasts debut across the country (and I know because my blog is coming up to 5 years this August)

41 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

First of all, thanks for referring me by my name. I feel like its been forever. Lmao. 😂

Second, I will know just like all of you. I have no idea either but I'm thinking it will be either September 9th or September 16th to coincide with the new TV season. Its usually the second or third week in September when a flood of new local newscasts debut across the country (and I know because my blog is coming up to 5 years this August)

First of all, De nada (You're Welcome in Spanish).

Second of all, I would assume that it'll be the 16th because that's when most of the syndies start their new season (also I should note this is part of the schedule that I correctly predicted on for Indianapolis)

And last but not least (and this is not to take this off-topic) Congratulations to you Roly on the 5th anniversary of your blog, I've been reading your blog almost since the beginning and I just wanted to say to you congrats and here's to the next 5 years for your blog

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, who?cares said:

Still no launch date, but we have a title. “All In” with Phil Sanchez and a Annessa Chumble, a registered dietitian. 

https://www.wishtv.com/community/wish-tv-is-'all-in'-at-4-p-m/?fbclid=IwAR1-Pa6nXFWXXF_QOfZiXhutxdWhAdngY7kTtnfz-sSfSgRhXna6HL0tomw

So it doesn't sound like a traditional newscast, but more like Indy Style in the afternoon.

On 7/8/2019 at 6:20 PM, Greggo said:

Maybe not the smartest name for WISH’s new show considering that’s already the name of Chris Hayes’ long-running MSNBC show. 

Wasn't that the name of the General Petraeus book after he got caught having an affair?

• 5 months later...

Archived