WSB TV debuts a new open

Hickman360

51 minutes ago, qunewsguy said:

I wonder if this is a group-wide effort to play with the 11pm format and see if people stick around? WFTV is using the same branding and an alternate version of the graphics on WSOC.

Sure seems like it at this point! Glad they are trying something new. Maybe Apollo is the next group to really jump on the TV news innovation bandwagon.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, susquvalleywgal said:

If TENGA and PBS had children ... it would be this package.  And that's not a bad thing either!  But ... Why only 11p?  Send this to WPXI in Pittsburgh.  Lord knows they need a REDESIGN.  To the max.

-- Matt

Their look isn't bad...it looks pretty good. Just a little stale in spots.

1 hour ago, susquvalleywgal said:

If TENGA and PBS had children ... it would be this package.  And that's not a bad thing either!  But ... Why only 11p?  Send this to WPXI in Pittsburgh.  Lord knows they need a REDESIGN.  To the max.

-- Matt

Actually, I still really enjoy PXI's package.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:18 PM, susquvalleywgal said:

-- Matt

I completely agree. I still think both the graphic package and the music package that WPXI uses is really bland. But that's just me...

• 1 year later...

Giving this thread a bump.  I think it's safe to say that WSB needs a graphics overhaul ASAP.  For a station that has newscasts that dominate the local ratings in a market as large Atlanta and the vicinity, the graphics on Channel 2 have become an un-cohesive mess.  

For starters, the "main" graphics package is using a design language that dates back to 2010, with a refresh in 2015.  Then they have weather graphics which don't match the design language of main package, so when the lower third is on the screen while Glenn Burns or Brad Nitz or whoever is doing the weather, graphically, it looks like two completely different looks are going on at the same time.  And then the graphics they've been using in promos lately have been better than what you see on the actual newscasts. 

I'm just ready for them to push the reset button and give WSB a whole fresh new look.  Part of me wonders if they're holding out for Cox to possibly jump on the standardization bandwagon...

3 hours ago, TresGriffin said:

Giving this thread a bump.  I think it's safe to say that WSB needs a graphics overhaul ASAP.  For a station that has newscasts that dominate the local ratings in a market as large Atlanta and the vicinity, the graphics on Channel 2 have become an un-cohesive mess.  

For starters, the "main" graphics package is using a design language that dates back to 2010, with a refresh in 2015.  Then they have weather graphics which don't match the design language of main package, so when the lower third is on the screen while Glenn Burns or Brad Nitz or whoever is doing the weather, graphically, it looks like two completely different looks are going on at the same time.  And then the graphics they've been using in promos lately have been better than what you see on the actual newscasts. 

I'm just ready for them to push the reset button and give WSB a whole fresh new look.  Part of me wonders if they're holding out for Cox to possibly jump on the standardization bandwagon...

There are quite a few cox stations that are in major need of a graphics update. KOKI has been using their current graphics since 2013. 2013!!!!

It’s been EIGHT YEARS. 

5 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

There are quite a few cox stations that are in major need of a graphics update. KOKI has been using their current graphics since 2013. 2013!!!!

It’s been EIGHT YEARS.

If Cox isn't going to even fill their overnight shifts at KIRO, I don't think they'll buy a new graphics package for KOKI.

The cox stations are all a mess right now, including wsb. Staff cuts, pay cuts, positions not filled. Bad management, where there was once strong veteran bosses.

WSB is still number one, but slipping.

They need a whole refresh. Some anchor changes, reporter shakeups, new look etc.

WGCL made some mistakes in letting some really good people go. But they are the rising station. 

Archived