The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

18 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Gray is treating their much larger stations to better packages, while the smaller ones seem to be getting the "leftovers"...i.e. more dated and recycled graphic packages.

I like WBTV's new look....it's clean, simple, and serves as a nice evolution from the prior Raycom look.

I just want to state that the WOIO package was in the works well before Gray took ownership. Stations get 4 options to from Gray, no customs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

I just want to state that the WOIO package was in the works well before Gray took ownership. Stations get 4 options to from Gray, no customs.

I do see the similarites between it and the old Raycom look, in terms of the supers.  Given WOIO's lack of success and Gray's habit of changing the looks frequently (once a new look comes online), it's only a matter of time before they get one too.

Maybe in a year or two...

Another station has the new Gray package: WWBT here in Richmond. They're using the graphics that are currently on WMC, WLBT and others (personally, I wish WWBT would use the current graphics on WDBJ or the ones on WHSV). They've started using them on the evening newscasts last night (noticed that on the NewsON app). Music is still The Rock by Stephen Arnold Music, but Inergy continues to survive on sports and some segments.

https://www.nbc12.com/live/

UPDATE (10:07PM): Watching the Fox News at 10 on WRLH - produced by WWBT - and they're now using the graphics package that are currently on WDBJ7, WITN and others. Yes, Gray Television graphics on a Sinclair station. Remember, WWBT has a news-share agreement with WRLH (it started in 1994). Also, Gari's Daily News package is out and the Sinclair News Package (the Curves version) is in! Unfortunately, the 10pm and the morning newscast at 7am (Fox Richmond Morning News) doesn't stream on WRLH's website nor WWBT's.

Edited by tw-804

1 hour ago, tw-804 said:

Another station has the new Gray package: WWBT here in Richmond. They're using the graphics that are currently on WMC, WLBT and others (personally, I wish WWBT would use the current graphics on WDBJ or the ones on WHSV). They've started using them on the evening newscasts last night (noticed that on the NewsON app). Music is still The Rock by Stephen Arnold Music, but Inergy continues to survive on sports and some segments.

https://www.nbc12.com/live/

• Like 3

On 10/7/2019 at 7:38 PM, tw-804 said:

UPDATE (10:07PM): Watching the Fox News at 10 on WRLH - produced by WWBT - and they're now using the graphics package that are currently on WDBJ7, WITN and others. Yes, Gray Television graphics on a Sinclair station. Remember, WWBT has a news-share agreement with WRLH (it started in 1994). Also, Gari's Daily News package is out and the Sinclair News Package (the Curves version) is in! Unfortunately, the 10pm and the morning newscast at 7am (Fox Richmond Morning News) doesn't stream on WRLH's website nor WWBT's.

FINALLY! That's long overdue.

14 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

New Station. Watching WXIX livestream now. They're using the same graphic package WMC picked up.

They're also switched the music to Guardian.

The first Raycom Fox affiliate to become Gray'd. I'm betting WVUE gets the WMC package when they switch.

Edited by Georgie56

5 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

The first Raycom Fox affiliate to become Gray'd. I'm betting WVUE gets the WMC package when they switch.

Honestly, the WVLT package would be best for WVUE IMO given the orange/blue tinge on the logo and New Orleans colors (although Gray has never used purple or green that I can tell with this package).

I am certain WDBD in Jackson was updated before WXIX. It’s hard to see FOX40’s newscasts since they aren’t streamed anymore. They probably switched when WLBT switched several weeks ago. 

WDBD’s looks like the WLOX package. 

8 hours ago, Pine Belt Media said:

I am certain WDBD in Jackson was updated before WXIX. It’s hard to see FOX40’s newscasts since they aren’t streamed anymore. They probably switched when WLBT switched several weeks ago. 

WDBD’s looks like the WLOX package. 

I would imagine WDAM will be switching soon....could they be getting the WLOX look?  They simulcast WLOX (ABC)'s 4pm show on their ABC subchannel.

4 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

If there’s anything FOX19 should ditch it is the VO. I HATE how he says “Always Local.”

So basically they copied off KAIT's Always Tracking. Always Watching. Always On. Slogan 

• 24994J changed the title to The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread