The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

7 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Pretty much all the Meredith stations were rebranded to First Alert

WALA was an exception, since WKRG has used "First Alert" on their Doppler radar for about 20 years and their weather coverage is the "First Alert Storm Team"...WALA using "StormTracker" for about as long, going all they way back to Emmis.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Updated info

With the premier of Investigate TV+ coming on the 11th next week, does anyone think that a lot of stations will switch to the GrayONE graphics? I certainly would not find it surprising, given the publicity of the premier of Investigate TV+.

Also, WAFF in Huntsville has been airing promos that show pieces of the new graphics in the background of shots. This started in the early days of July, so they must be approaching the unveiling of the new graphics, hence my theory of graphics switch on the 11th.

Thoughts?

17 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

No new switches to report, but apparently WBTV has a new logo now - which hasn't made it on air yet (this came from their VUit page).

wbtv-2023-logo.png.790b35c66bc757bde25b475c29f55ac8.png

This is different from the one @Axiom81 shared a few months ago, but the basics are about the same.

Apparently WBTV got the GrayOne graphics today along with the new logo. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

No new switches to report, but apparently WBTV has a new logo now - which hasn't made it on air yet (this came from their VUit page).

This is different from the one @Axiom81 shared a few months ago, but the basics are about the same.

I am glad they changed their plan and decided to keep the legacy 3 channel branding in the new logo. WBTV has a strong familiar heritage as Channel 3 going back to the analog era as the first TV station in the Carolinas. Although they did eliminate the CBS logo from the new brand.

Edited by tylerSC
  • Like 1

I’m liking their implementation - mostly due to not using the extra bold fonts everywhere. (Though a little mixed case text wouldn’t be too bad).

My biggest complaint on the font is that the M looks out of place, as the inside doesn’t appear to even go halfway down the letter…

Jim

1 hour ago, compubit said:

I’m liking their implementation - mostly due to not using the extra bold fonts everywhere. (Though a little mixed case text wouldn’t be too bad).

My biggest complaint on the font is that the M looks out of place, as the inside doesn’t appear to even go halfway down the letter…

Jim

Agreed. Fix the "M" and I could tolerate the font.

It just has that Nexstar vibe to it based on that one package (that WSPA also uses).  I really wish Gray would have sprung for a better font.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 11:02 PM, TennTV1983 said:

Not to solution it here - but they could have leaned into the “3 as a B” thing and done something like this…

58B7C26A-FFC4-48DB-B1C4-5ADE2DA55AE6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

16 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Agreed. Fix the "M" and I could tolerate the font.

It just has that Nexstar vibe to it based on that one package (that WSPA also uses).  I really wish Gray would have sprung for a better font.

Probably fonts that their stations' O&O siblings would use.

WALA in Mobile has gone GrayOne as of 4pm yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyX76AamMjY

The lower thirds (and font changed) but much of the existing package remains the same. 

Being a former Meredith station, it's basically the same package GrayOne was based on.

It's a nice change over the canned Meredith look they forced on their stations at the time, even though it uses the same color scheme.

Edited by tyrannical bastard

WWBT NBC 12 will reveal their new GrayOne graphics at 4:30 a.m. Monday (tomorrow morning!)  I was able to confirm this by someone I know who works at the station.  They will be using a red theme, similar to Atlanta. Their "livestream" graphic is already up, so here is a first look before they officially change tomorrow. 

No description available.

2 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

WWBT has the GrayOne graphics now. 

WHOA!! Wasn't expecting Stephen Arnold's Unite package (one of my faves) in Richmond. Plus, it's gonna be weird seeing red graphics (outside of breaking news) on NBC12 instead of blue.

Plus, someone should update its sister station WUPV's listing on the NMSA. They dropped Inergy years ago (they used The Rock along with WWBT).

• Like 1