The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, tylerSC said:

WBTV has a nice graphics package, which may be a modified Raycom style. And recently the Gray talk shows on WBTV and WHNS have identical new graphics.

WBTV historically has had the nicest graphics package since the (Jefferson) Lincoln days & were always a one off from the rest of the group even after the Raycom acquisition and then the Gray acquisition. 

On 3/9/2023 at 8:45 AM, Axiom81 said:

This is a very clean look, it's giving me a bit of Morgan Murphy Media Graphics vibe, but on a more simplified scale 

Would this be a suitable graphics package in smaller markets? That would be an excellent large-market Gray package going forward, but is it too big for a market like Lake Charles, Twin Falls, Dothan or Binghamton?

• Thought-Provoking 1

11 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I'm getting a Sinclair vibe with the lower thirds.  The font is a little more refined than the "Din" Sinclair uses, and the "LNL" is a dead ringer for the "TND" they use for The National Desk.

LNL is a stupid acronym and their bug looks stupid. Not impressed with the boring graphics either. It sounds like an insurance company, Lincoln National Life.

I said the same thing when Sinclair went to Curves that I'm going to say here. Sinclair has that overly serious sounding music. That's not who they are. The old Stephen Arnold upbeat theme songs fit them much better.

Same thing going on here. Gray is a second or third rate broadcaster. Stay in your lane. This is not an insult, it's just who they are. Have something that better fits you and your viewership.

Edited by DirtyHarry
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

I wish they’d change that logo, but those graphics look like they’ll fit the station well.

Staggered launch..not sure why Gray did it this way, but looks promising. I haven't been a fan of the logo in a LONG time. Wish they would have brought this one back.

image.png.cda983bea432e0ac9dfc5122ffbe8188.png

Edited by Axiom81
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Axiom81 said:

Staggered launch..not sure why Gray did it this way, but looks promising. I haven't been a fan of the logo in a LONG time. Wish they would have brought this one back.

image.png.cda983bea432e0ac9dfc5122ffbe8188.png

I agree - there’s a reason WSAZ hasn’t changed their Microgramma logo in decades.  It’s timeless.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

I agree - there’s a reason WSAZ hasn’t changed their Microgramma logo in decades.  It’s timeless.  

Would that logo fit well with modern graphics? I agree it should be brought back. I know the change from the Raycom-era logo was a positive, but that would be another step upward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Would that logo fit well with modern graphics? I agree it should be brought back. I know the change from the Raycom-era logo was a positive, but that would be another step upward.

Their current logo is a nod to the last one they had under Jefferson-Pilot's ownership prior to Raycom's purchase (albeit is not quite the same):

2 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

Their current logo is a nod to the last one they had under Jefferson-Pilot's ownership prior to Raycom's purchase (albeit is not quite the same):

I personally disliked this logo because it looked like it was done on Microsoft Paint.  The current logo is still better than this one IMHO.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:57 PM, Axiom81 said:

Taking this with a very very fine grain of salt..but on one of the broadcast Facebook sites, I just saw a post for a new WBTV logo. Anyone have any info on it ? 

FB_IMG_1678848907216.jpg

That logo is taking a page (somewhat) from its sister station WCTV in Tallahassee.

WCTV_New_2018.png.ddc61a4ae5fec197db09da9089a53185.png

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 11:12 AM, Georgie56 said:

WCSC is preparing for the GrayONE package.

https://fb.watch/jghpyr_9ra/?fs=e&s=cl

They have been using those graphics to tease for commercials since Feb.13th (the debut of the new set) so I am really not sure what's going on with gray or when they are going to be releasing the new graphics. Hopefully soon...

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 9:57 PM, Axiom81 said:

Taking this with a very very fine grain of salt..but on one of the broadcast Facebook sites, I just saw a post for a new WBTV logo. Anyone have any info on it ? 

FB_IMG_1678848907216.jpg

Also has some elements to what they just did in Bismarck ND with KFYR... Looks like it ties in to OTT as well

image.jpeg.8be866801a5b54aefe664c4fe74f942a.jpeg KFYR