The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

4 hours ago, iron_lion said:

I would like to see this old/new blend trend happen! Wish stations could add their own spin on the corporate graphics to add a nice balance between uniqueness and uniformity.

WAVE fixed up its own in-house take on LIM4.1. They don't like Gray's "corporate graphics", a hodgepodge of garbage looks here and there, replaced frequently. New look?

Edited by TheSpeedKing
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

Yeah, and then you look at WPXI, which has used the same "11" logo since the 80s.

Oddly enough, WAVE competitor WHAS used a similiar logo for years, until the end of the Belo era when the "11" was taken out of the circle.

If Tegna ever rebooted one of their old logos, this one might look good on them now.

WHAS-building-logo (1).jpg

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Oddly enough, WAVE competitor WHAS used a similiar logo for years, until the end of the Belo era when the "11" was taken out of the circle.

If Tegna ever rebooted one of their old logos, this one might look good on them now.

WHAS-building-logo (1).jpg

Probably with some new graphics (Tegna ABC perhaps?) and replacing C Clarity with production music.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LOWERCASE GUY said:

WAVE debuted their new logo on air today. They dropped the long time WAVE 3 branding for just “WAVE”. The graphics and music remain the same.

You would've thought they would drop The Rock for something different. I think CBS Local might've worked.

The new logo on the standard Gray website banner is atrocious. Change the colour of the logo, now.image.thumb.png.2ff7ddc677d18eb7aeeeb3cfe2709581.png

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, TheSpeedKing said:

Two reasons: 

1. WLKY uses Strive

2. CBS Local has been used on non-CBS affiliates before

Number 1 isn't a reason, friend. WLKY uses Strive because all* Hearst stations use Strive. It's a group standard.

*WMUR uses Hearst B because it has significant cross-coverage to WCVB.  

• Like 8

On 1/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, Axiom81 said:

With WAVE going back to an older logo, I wish Gray-TV would consider sending WCSC-TV back to its former logo..it was more original than the current version.

WCSC-Old.png.43f61e4a1a904f78ebda10618e463234.png

WCSC-New.png

The station turns 70 next year so we'll see.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, Axiom81 said:

With WAVE going back to an older logo, I wish Gray-TV would consider sending WCSC-TV back to its former logo..it was more original than the current version.

WCSC-Old.png.43f61e4a1a904f78ebda10618e463234.png

WCSC-New.png

Admittedly, their current logo is a step towards the logo they had in the 1990s. They deviated greatly from it for a while with blue versions. But I agree.

WCSC only debuted their current logo in 2019. Not brand new, but unlike WAVE, they're not dealing with a 20 year old relic. A special logo for the anniversary, sure, but I highly doubt there'd be something totally new (old).

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, Axiom81 said:

WCSC-New.png

On 1/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, 24994J said:

WCSC only debuted their current logo in 2019. Not brand new, but unlike WAVE, they're not dealing with a 20 year old relic. A special logo for the anniversary, sure, but I highly doubt there'd be something totally new (old).

That logo doesn't look like it's from 2019. That logo looks like it came out in 2008.