The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 9:31 PM, HoosierNewsie said:

A very cheap and horribly animated version.... I expected better from KOLD. 

Good golly..... What works in Charlotte (home market) will not necessarily work in Tucson! Not to mention, Raycom graphics were previously hubbed in Tucson prior to the hub's move to Charlotte (again, my said home market) in 2014.

Edited by TriadMetrolinaNewswatch
I was kind of a year off when I was finding out the date in which Raycom (gobbled up by Gray) moved its graphics hub from Tucson to Charlotte.

On 4/10/2020 at 4:58 PM, Yankees4life said:

Gray is moving like a snail to get new graphics for WECT in.

Hopefully, by the end of the year, the bricks graphics are dead and buried for all of the Ex-Raycom stations

Nooooooooo! Long live the tire tread graphics!

• Haha 2
  • Concerned 1

1 hour ago, TheMassMediaGeek said:

New station: KOLO, using the WMC package. Locals Only makes its return to the station after a 4 year absence.

I wouldn't say NEW as since they implemented the gfx almost 9 months ago...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MyNewsArchive said:

I wouldn't say NEW as since they implemented the gfx almost 9 months ago...

Thank you for telling me that MyNewsArchive. The only thing that was new is that KOLO switched back to Locals Only.

Edited by TheMassMediaGeek

14 hours ago, I’m a news junkie..so what said:

I think that if they use the graphics like WTOC,WCSC, and WXIX and better lower thirds, the graphics would look better. They need more options of graphics customizable to the station. I haven’t seen any station use  WRLH’s graphics.

You mean WDBJ’s graphics. WRLH - owned by Sinclair - is the third station that’s using them (the second is WITN in eastern North Carolina). Gray’s WWBT has a news share agreement with WRLH.

Edited by tw-804
UPDATE (2:16pm/ET): Forgot WITN is using the WDBJ graphics currently. It’s the second.

Well let's see which stations have yet to switch. I posted this back on Christmas Eve.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, CircleSeven said:

WWNY, WECT, WTVM, WBRC, WSFA, WAFF, KSLA, KPLC, WVUE, WFIE, KFVS, KAIT, KEYC, KCBD, KSWO, KAUZ, KOLD, KGMB/KHNL. I'm probably missing a couple.

I've scratched the ones that gotten "Gray'd" since then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Well let's see which stations have yet to switch. I posted this back on Christmas Eve.

I've scratched the ones that gotten "Gray'd" since then.

That's good. I'm not too impressed with Gray's packages. I hope more stations pick up the WAVE look.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jbnews said:

That's good. I'm not too impressed with Gray's packages. I hope more stations pick up the WAVE look.

I wish that every Gray station that picked up WMC’s pkg could pick up WAVE’s package, but that’s a dream.

Edited by I’m a news junkie..so what
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, I’m a news junkie..so what said:

I was going through YouTube and I found a part of WDBD’s possible open with the WLOX graphics.

WDBD uses the same graphics as WLOX, while their parent station WLBT uses the WMC package.

It wouldn't surprise me if WOIO gets a standard Gray package at this point.  Even before Raycom, Gray liked to switch things up frequently on their stations as new packages come on line.

4 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

WDBD uses the same graphics as WLOX, while their parent station WLBT uses the WMC package.

It wouldn't surprise me if WOIO gets a standard Gray package at this point.  Even before Raycom, Gray liked to switch things up frequently on their stations as new packages come on line.

The KWCH/WBTV graphics would probably look great for WOIO to use.

It would be a shame of WOIO dumped those graphics this soon.  It's the best package they've had since the days of 19 Action News.  Nothing in Gray's current graphics portfolio would be nearly as good as the current gfx on WOIO.

• Like 7

• 24994J changed the title to The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread