The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

25 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Is there any way WRDW/WAGT can get the new Gray graphics? Their current graphics are terrible (especially with weather), probably the worst of any Gray-owned station. Then again, that has always been one of the weakest stations in their portfolio.

Moved your question over to this thread. I'm aware that they're in a process of building their new facility. But no telling when they'll be done with that.

I doubt you'll see any further on-air changes before the move. However, they just change their music some weeks back (after WJBF changed theirs w/new gfx). So you may never know. Strange things have happen.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 12:12 AM, AJClementeFan69 said:

Don't talk shit about Counterpoint. 🤨

I'm surprised there are stragglers like WSAZ that haven't switched BACK to Stephen Arnold. 

The way they used Signature before the great SESAC disaster of 2006 may have qualified it for the KOTA/WIVT award for longevity....

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Maybe you spoke a bit too soon. SAZ recently switched to The Rock.

About time! I wonder how much longer until WSAZ gets a new Gray graphics package.  They got a new set last year.

And now that I think of it, The NBC Collection lasted nearly JUST AS LONG as Signature on WSAZ!  Signature was from 1993 to 2006 and NBC Collection was from 2006 to earlier this month.

It just seemed dated since the Balls & Walls lasted a good decade on WSAZ before they refreshed the look in 2003.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 12:15 AM, tyrannical bastard said:

About time! I wonder how much longer until WSAZ gets a new Gray graphics package.  They got a new set last year.

And now that I think of it, The NBC Collection lasted nearly JUST AS LONG as Signature on WSAZ!  Signature was from 1993 to 2006 and NBC Collection was from 2006 to earlier this month.

It just seemed dated since the Balls & Walls lasted a good decade on WSAZ before they refreshed the look in 2003.

WSAZ is like if ain't broke, don't fix it. Fun fact the "3" has been in use since 1971. Big changes came in 2006 with new set, KARE11 gfx, and NBC Collection. Not hearing NBC Collection on WSAZ is really strange now.

Signature 93-06

NBC Collection 06 to 20.

1- Balls and Walls 93- 2003?

2- refresh 2003 to 2006?

3- KARE11 gfxs 2006-2011

4-HD launch 2011-2015

5- current 2015 to present

Screenshot_20200315-113330_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200315-113640_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200315-113658_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200315-114603_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200315-001010_SBTV.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, news89 said:

WSAZ is like if ain't broke, don't fix it. Fun fact the "3" has been in use since 1971. Big changes came in 2006 with new set, KARE11 gfx, and NBC Collection. Not hearing NBC Collection on WSAZ is really strange now.

Signature 93-06

NBC Collection 06 to 20.

1- Balls and Walls 93- 2003?

2- refresh 2003 to 2006?

3- KARE11 gfxs 2006-2011

4-HD launch 2011-2015

5- current 2015 to present

I remember in November of 2003 when WSAZ updated their look.  It may have been 2005, or soon after Gray bought the station from Emmis when the KARE look was launched.

The NBC Collection was a direct result of the SESAC purge of 2006 when many stations dropped their Arnold packages due to the rise of licensing fees....

41 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I remember in November of 2003 when WSAZ updated their look.  It may have been 2005, or soon after Gray bought the station from Emmis when the KARE look was launched.

The NBC Collection was a direct result of the SESAC purge of 2006 when many stations dropped their Arnold packages due to the rise of licensing fees....

I wasn't sure when the refresh happened. I do remember the 2006 Arnold thing.

So ready for WFIE to have an overhaul to the Gray graphics. They're running some weird mix of graphics at times, especially during weather. Haven't been able to get a screengrab but occasionally using Arial Black as the font for some graphics and it looks bad.

No new graphics for Rockford, IL's WIFR 23 (yet), but they ditched CBS Enforcer for CBS Local just last month. Plus, they're using the new Gray ticker.

Edited by tw-804

• 24994J changed the title to The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread