The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

1 hour ago, Dakota Laughlin said:

I like this design for the 10-day!

I don't only because the animated weather part is waaaayyy too busy... plus they have only a 30% chance of rain/storms and show the entire day as rain.. Can be very misleading if you can't see the teeny tiny weather icon above...

8 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

WVLT is going GrayONE later today. Or rather, they already have done so online. 

Zeam_WVLTMozillaFirefox4_1_20249_36_40AM.thumb.png.9ddd9f5578c5c210271f30aa816171d2.png

Side note: This is NOT an April Fools joke!!

They switched at noon today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 9:56 AM, T.L. Hughes said:

I couldn't find the cut used in the topicals in the montages in the Series 4 cuts available on News Music Now, so I'm not entirely sure that it's from that track list or a previously unreleased cut.

Not sure if you heard by now but it's actually brand-new music they commissioned! A new package made by Chris Majka of Fuzik Productions (aka @ctmajka) called Everywhere. 

KWQC is using a custom variant with the Hello News signature to "fill in the gaps" when they need something Hello doesn't have and there's even an unused version of the Everywhere image song for KWQC.

On 4/16/2024 at 11:41 AM, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

KKTV made the switch back on 4/4.. Interestingly enough, the CBS eye has not been removed... for now....

It makes me wonder if Gray is now starting reconsider its "no-network-in-station-logo" mandate, considering that...

1. Regarding stations with no network logo since the "mandate" started: 99.5% of NBC affiliates, half of the CBS affiliates, 1.5% of ABC affiliates, and no Fox affiliates (and this is without counting duopolies).... and it's been stuck this way since February.
  2. And since then, the rollout of GrayONE seems to have slowed down to a crawl, where station launches were much more frequent before then.
  3. And going back to bullet #1, now KKTV is keeping the CBS eye in their logo despite being the latest to switch to GrayONE only two weeks ago (as of this writing).

Going slightly off-topic: WXIX has been starting to use the new GrayONE weather background behind its 7-day forecasts since at least last week. Screengrab is from last night's 11PM news.

fox19newweatherbackground4-16-24.thumb.png.c83ed802f02f187a8e4bbc9fde2ef994.png

On 4/17/2024 at 7:36 PM, kfc513 said:

And since then, the rollout of GrayONE seems to have slowed down to a crawl, where station launches were much more frequent before then.

Expect a rollout somewhere on Friday, then two on May 1st, one on May 3rd, one on May 13th, then two on May 15th, then one May 24th, then one May 29th, then one July 1st, then one on August 1st just to name a few. Not mentioning call letters, but I will say WXIX is NOT on that list.

Edited by LOWERCASE GUY
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, LOWERCASE GUY said:

Expect a rollout somewhere on Friday, then Three on May 1st, then two on May 15th, then one May 24th, then one May 29th, then one July 1st, then one on August 1st just to name a few. Not mentioning call letters, but I will say WXIX is NOT on that list.

KCTV5 and/or KYTV "KY3" is not getting GrayONE for at least until this summer. 

2 hours ago, kfc513 said:

It makes me wonder if Gray is now starting reconsider its "no-network-in-station-logo" mandate, considering that...

1. Regarding stations with no network logo since the "mandate" started: 99.5% of NBC affiliates, half of the CBS affiliates, 1.5% of ABC affiliates, and no Fox affiliates (and this is without counting duopolies).... and it's been stuck this way since February.
  2. And since then, the rollout of GrayONE seems to have slowed down to a crawl, where station launches were much more frequent before then.
  3. And going back to bullet #1, now KKTV is keeping the CBS eye in their logo despite being the latest to switch to GrayONE only two weeks ago (as of this writing).

Going slightly off-topic: WXIX has been starting to use the new GrayONE weather background behind its 7-day forecasts since at least last week. Screengrab is from last night's 11PM news.

fox19newweatherbackground4-16-24.thumb.png.c83ed802f02f187a8e4bbc9fde2ef994.png

I've noticed with some of their NBC affiliates (including WMC and WJHG) that there are instances where the peacock is still intact.  Namely on graphical transitions, on-set monitors, mic flags and promos.  It's probably simple oversight of making such a minor change, or just letting the stuff play out until GrayOne makes it's debut (some day).

Speaking of WJHG, WECP is still using their CBS 21 logo with the eye everywhere, so it's mostly an NBC thing.