The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

41 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

Speaking of that, FTVlive has a story about WDAM's switch to automation.  Apparently it glitched so bad they couldn't put their morning newscast on the air.  

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/12/13/when-automation-does-automate

I watched maybe a minute or so of the Facebook Live stream and the anchor Mike McDaniel litterally said they were going to make things up as they go along.

Look I get it, the weather graphics wasn't working but come on, at least look somewhat professional, when I heard that I had to stop watching the stream

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mightynine said:

WAFB/Baton Rouge has the same as the WTOC example as of Sunday night.

Love the use of purple on the L3s when mentioning LSU.

tIYLSQr.png

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

Looks pretty good.  Are they still using Overture with this gfx update?

Overture is still in use.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 8:41 PM, GoldenShine9 said:

The lack of any real competition in the market could be one reason.

...and the updates continue. Anchors are on the interview/sports set. Weather duratrans have been changed to match the graphics package. The main anchor backdrop looks like they might be upgrading to a video wall, but I’m not certain of that. 

14EECAB8-9323-4958-B641-7358624D9E5F.png

D292DBC0-8F32-4729-B114-5570BE1082F0.png

2AA311AF-1EA3-46A4-898E-9C04056908F5.png

• Like 2

On 12/19/2019 at 6:40 PM, Pine Belt Media said:

...and the updates continue. Anchors are on the interview/sports set. Weather duratrans have been changed to match the graphics package. The main anchor backdrop looks like they might be upgrading to a video wall, but I’m not certain of that. 

14EECAB8-9323-4958-B641-7358624D9E5F.png

D292DBC0-8F32-4729-B114-5570BE1082F0.png

2AA311AF-1EA3-46A4-898E-9C04056908F5.png

More photos:

DFA8B273-C6C2-492A-819B-810E34FC6E64.jpeg

4DA1BDFF-0DF8-4E77-989C-DEF5F0DBCE9D.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldenShine9 said:

What stations have NOT gone full Gray yet?

WWNY, WECT, WTVM, WBRC, WSFA, WAFF, KSLA, KPLC, WVUE, WFIE, KFVS, KAIT, KEYC, KCBD, KSWO, KAUZ, KOLD, KGMB/KHNL. I'm probably missing a couple.

WSFA will most likely get new gfx once they move to downtown Montgomery sometime in the new year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

WWNY, WECT, WTVM, WBRC, WSFA, WAFF, KSLA, KPLC, WVUE, WFIE, KFVS, KAIT, KEYC, KCBD, KSWO, KAUZ, KOLD, KGMB/KHNL. I'm probably missing a couple.

WSFA will most likely get new gfx once they move to downtown Montgomery sometime in the new year. 

I also wonder if the Gray legacy stations will get the Raycom 2018 layout? AFAIK, none have changed to it.

7 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I believe that neither of the Alaska stations have converted.

16 hours ago, Pine Belt Media said:

More photos:

DFA8B273-C6C2-492A-819B-810E34FC6E64.jpeg

4DA1BDFF-0DF8-4E77-989C-DEF5F0DBCE9D.jpeg

I see they pulled a Meredith there....with the video wall.

Seems like it's a lot like WSMV's last set refresh before their current one.  Seeing as how Hattiesburg is market 160ish, this is a big move for them.

How did WLOX get left out of the set upgrades when they were Gray'd?   WDAM is uber-dominant in their market, and pretty sure that WLOX still dominates WXXV down on the coast.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I see they pulled a Meredith there....with the video wall.

Seems like it's a lot like WSMV's last set refresh before their current one.  Seeing as how Hattiesburg is market 160ish, this is a big move for them.

How did WLOX get left out of the set upgrades when they were Gray'd?   WDAM is uber-dominant in their market, and pretty sure that WLOX still dominates WXXV down on the coast.

They may be getting a new set later? WLOX is also uber-dominant.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 11:15 AM, CircleSeven said:

WAFF, WTVM & KCBD are also using the Gray Ticker, while still using the Raycom L3s.

I know KCBD have been using the ticker for like a few months.....

WFIE has been using the Gray ticker while also using Raycom L3s and opens/title cards. They are really due for a full set remodel. They got new backdrops a few years ago but the studio itself is probably from 2009-11 timeframe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 24994J changed the title to The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread