The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

2 minutes ago, NEOMatrix said:

WAVE is next on the "Gray-vy" train.

Screenshot_20191121-150745_Chrome.jpg

Watching it now, and I must say, this is the best Gray look I've seen! It's a slight nod to the Limerick Graphics, but it's a really clean look! I wish more Gray Stations would roll out this look to other TV stations.

26 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

Watching it now, and I must say, this is the best Gray look I've seen! It's a slight nod to the Limerick Graphics, but it's a really clean look! I wish more Gray Stations would roll out this look to other TV stations.

I agree! other than the WOIO Hothaus look, these are the best graphics on a Gray station. This IMO, is a perfect evolution of the Limerick look.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Working4You said:

Word on the street is Grays Graphic hub did not do these graphics. They were done in-house at WAVE 3. Great look if you ask me. Good evolution of the Limerick package of late. 

Betcha this would’ve been second gen Limerick if Raycom never got gobbled up.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Info Junkie said:

Betcha this would’ve been second gen Limerick if Raycom never got gobbled up.

In another universe, it is!

Nice look--if it indeed was in-house, well done. Hope it makes its way to other stations in the group.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

For an in-house package, that is outstanding.  Very nice.  The gfx dept at WAVE deserve a pay raise.

Scripps should hire them!

Beautiful evolution of the Limerick package.  This and WOIO’s should be an option for other Gray stations.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

For an in-house package, that is outstanding.  Very nice.  The gfx dept at WAVE deserve a pay raise.

I wish this was the WBTV package (with Teal instead of Orange, tbh) This is probably one of the BEST packages I have seen in a while! The other Gray gfx (besides 'OIO) is not as good.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Working4You said:

Word on the street is Grays Graphic hub did not do these graphics. They were done in-house at WAVE 3. Great look if you ask me. Good evolution of the Limerick package of late. 

Confirmed. These graphics were done in house by WAVE. They did not want the crap Gray is producing. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JCB4TV said:

How did WAVE pull this off without upsetting the bosses?

No one's upsetting anyone. They were allowed to use these graphics, the same way they allowed WOIO to use their new gfx.

I'm sure if the higher-ups would've have a gripe, we probably wouldn't see these gfx on the air.

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Love love LOVE WAVE's new graphics!! Definitely should roll out to others!

I agree. Gray should include the new WAVE package as another choice for stations.

I could see WVUE adopting something similar to this.

Edited by Georgie56

• 24994J changed the title to The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread