The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread

NEOMatrix

The WCSC Logo isn't bad, I like this version better than the previous ones..but growing up with WCSC...it's to bad they couldn't have "re-imaged' their original logo.  I'm curious to see if a new set will follow within the next year or so for them as well. 

Graphics wise, the new look is one of their best opens...2nd to the "battery flyover"  (:59 seconds in)

Edited by Axiom81

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but this graphics package has (for better or for worse) been immortalized on network TV thanks to NBC's Bluff City Law, which has so far used WMC's set, live van, mic flags, and, of course, graphics as part of the show. The only thing not included... actual station talent.

To echo one of the tweets below, it's impressive how much effort was put in to make the scenes feel like they really came from WMC. Although I can't say I care at all for the show's use of Calibri over the supplied blank lower third. (Can't believe I'd ever think the Helvetica looks better!)

I'm sure better screengrabs can be taken from the show if streamed live on nbc.com, I just haven't had the time to watch it. (Frankly, this interests me more than the show itself, haha)

https://twitter.com/JaredJayBBoyd/status/1179027816043692033

https://twitter.com/kendall_downing/status/1178859750307565570

https://twitter.com/MemphoNewsLady/status/1184973449904754689

YIEARLEZCJBWBCJL2NO46XLLO4.jpg

Edited by memnews
Fix link
  • Like 2

I'm just waking up to WKYC (3, Cleveland) having changed their logo. Looks like they went modern minimalist like 19. I still have to watch an actual newscast. I'm on raw footage right now. 

Edited by Payton39

3 minutes ago, Payton39 said:

I'm just waking up to WKYC (3, Cleveland) having changed their logo. Looks like they went modern minimalist like 19. I still have to watch an actual newscast. I'm on raw footage right now. 

There's actualy a forum for that:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Looks like they still have the old ticker....I know when WLOX switched, they immediately switched to the new Gray-style ticker.

That's strange. Because I've watched WBTV (before their switch), and KCBD currently, where they used the Raycom gfx, and used the Gray ticker on the bottom.

I'm sure there'll change it in due time.

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

That's strange. Because I've watched WBTV (before their switch), and KCBD currently, where they used the Raycom gfx, and used the Gray ticker on the bottom.

I'm sure there'll change it in due time.

I like the Raycom ticker better.  

-- Matt

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

They should be fortunate the competition is a trainwreck there. 

That's not entirely true. I read recently that WLTX is making big gains and quickly eating away at WIS 10's dominance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

Most of the current gfx packages by Gray are pretty solid, but it amazes me how messed up the implementation can sometimes get. 

To each their own. I mean, the white-and-blue look is a very good package when used correctly as intended, but there will always be those who will manage to botch it.

• Like 2

• 24994J changed the title to The Ever-Evolving Gray Graphics Situation...Thread